Sanitare sc886 - is this the one?

Walt

I have a chance to buy one in good condition. Is this a good one? Don't really need it, but might be good as a back up.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I’ve got 2-886’s 1-887 & 1-678 all are good vacuums the dirt cup is nice you can see what you’re pulling out of the carpet the down side in the shop or large jobs they are impractical for us because they don’t hold as much soil as the 886. For this reason I prefer the 886 I’ve had one for nearly 10 years the other about 5-6 years all these need are bags belts, and pulleys you can pick a new one up on the net around 200.00 and every part like all the Sanitaire vacs can easily be replaced all are of can be shake out bags so no disposable bags required.The 678 is giving us a little problem with the on/off foot switch but it's a cheap 140.00 Sanitaire

If you get a really, really good deal and want a cup model you can buy the part and convert it cost a 100 bucks or so to do likly its easier to just buy a 887 and be done with it .

http://www.vacland.com/sc887.php

Fred Homan

How about a vacuum with a hose that you can take off AND VACUUM THE EDGES???? :shock: You are a hack if you do not vacuum the edges/corners/detail vacuuming.....

rhyde

Name
rhyde
UM, NO your a hack if you don't have one of these

accessories_longexternalspraycrevicetool_large.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Walt;

We think the #886 is a very durable vacuum cleaner. Lots of our janitorial customers swear by them.

We also carry the Dirt-Cup to convert it with a clear cannister.

Larry

Fred Homan

How about for dry vacuuming the edges? That internal jet gets clogged with shit.... :shock:

Chads

Supportive Member
Well Rhyde I must be a hack then. put me on the list of best hacks out there.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
i use a little boss tank vac for edge work when needed

so...what do you guys do with filtration lines leave your prespray on there and walk away....?

Fred Homan

Sounds like alot of guys do not dry vacuum the edges...... :shock: = Hack! :shock:

Walt

It was on craigslist for 35 bucks - near new. The guy probably stole it - meth money. Anyway, I didn't get it. Thanks though. I am going to buy one in the next couple of days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom