Sanitize Upholstery?

Todd Anthony

I called Pro Restore and they said they don' t have anything for sanitizing Synthetic Upholstery.

What else could I use?

L

LARRYWDUB

Todd Anthony said:
I called Pro Restore and they said they don' t have anything for sanitizing Synthetic Upholstery.

What else could I use?
you can use a product called odoban, in gallon containers, can buy at homedepot or sams cllub for around 11$ per gallon.
it states on the lable that it kills 99.9% of germs on contact.. I use it in all my prespray and mist for an air freshner after i clean, very good product

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Steri-Fab would be an idea, although it is almost all alcohol and needs venting after application. Will sanitize anything, and is a good insect killer,too. Won't stain fabric.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Most products are approved for use as sanitizers or disinfectants on hard surfaces not on carpet or upholstery. So claims like "Kills 99% of the germs" don't apply when using on upholstery.

Likely that many of the products would be helpful when used on upholstery, but mfg and dists can't make any claims beyond what is tested for and stated on the label.

Personally, I might try Benefect if I wanted to reduce micro-organisms on my own upholstery.

randy

Name
Randy
Onyx in North Carolina makes an all natural prespray for carpet that sanitizes. We have used it on upholstery with great results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom