saphire 1200 pto

kleenet

Name
Marc Alvarado
thinking about getting saphire 1200 pto could anybody give me a feedback on where u put the 5 gallon truck mix? i heard some put the container between the seats,that seems it could be a little messy i also going to get a live hose reel, hydramaster has a space right on the machine that is so much better! any thoughts?

thanks Marc Kleenet Carpet

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I know that Art has a pro 1200, so does Ben and Joe Applebe. There must be others here too.
Maybe they can chip in.

Jess, what the hack!? How long does it takes you to run through a 15 gallon concentrate jug?

Name
Jesse
We use a little more than half of it per shift on average. We use very little chemical in the jug, probably less than most are going to put in a 5 gallon head pack. We run our meters at 2gph. 2gph x 6 tm hours = 12 gallons per day if doing only carpet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Jesse
I should add that we removed our chemical pulse pumps and replaced them with a siphon system. More reliable but consumption is doubled due to the constant draw vs only drawing when trigger is pulled

Reactions: Mikey P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
More reliable but consumption is doubled due to the constant draw vs only drawing when trigger is pulled

not sure i understand that....my siphon feed only draws when wand is triggered.
Trigger the wand/tool and flow meter ball rises to 2 or 4 (or whatever i set it at) let off the trigger and the ball drops to zero ..
i thought they all worked liked that??

L.T.A.

Reactions: Zee and bob vawter
Name
Jesse
I'm going off memory here, I almost never clean anything, there is a very slim chance I'm wrong and ours works as you say but I'm 99% sure I'm right. I'll check.

Assuming my memory is correct ( I feel it is): It depends on how it's setup. I have our siphon tee'd into the fresh water supply to the pump AFTER our bypass loop feeds back into the fresh supply line, and after a ball valve used as a flow restrictor. This means the pump is still drawing chemical when the regulator is in bypass mode due to the restrictor valve. The chemical will draw lighter in bypass mode but it still draws some, probably half. So 1gph in bypass and 2 gph when triggered.

When I had it setup to draw before the bypass loop it wouldn't be as consistent at low gph settings. I'm not sure why but it would work for awhile then drop to almost nothing after awhile, maybe if the wand wasn't being triggered for awhile, maybe switching tools with different flows, again I'm not sure.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Yea I thought that is was strange there was no place allowed for a 5 gallon jug. Hell it didn't even come with a container! We didn't want to but one between the seats in the front so we use a 2.5 gallon jug and leave it on the side step. Pain to have to fill it so often, oh well. Another thing we have found annoying is there way to see how much water is in the water tank. Even if you could see through the plastic mold you still would have no idea how much water is in there because it's a large C shape, no way to judge the level.

My other pet peeve is those damn transfer pumps. I hate them. Butler took care of all of the above problems in there design.

We are still giving our unit a work out and all in all it seems to be fine ....not that we got the heat deal worked out. Still not sure why we need to run it differently than what the manual says to get the heat but I guess it's a work in progress. More to come as we use it more

hogjowl

Idiot™
David:

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with that unit. Most guys would be unwilling to discuss any problems they were having with a new unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom