Sapphire 570.....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
So I've seen 2 owners now reporting heat/diverted issues. Are there more? Sorta makes me wonder how many nation/worldwide that we won't be hearing about cause they don't come to this board. I'm 4o hours on my 370 with no heat issues. A Kohler 20hp doesn't put out the heat that the 3 cyl does on that 570.

Don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill but my 370 came without fuel filter. Couple hours on the meter and the engine caughed and quit, fuel bubbling top of the engine. My suppliers mechanic found a tiny chunk of crap on the carb float bowl needle seat allowing the float bowl to overflow. Then found lack of fuel filter. The assemble guy had a bad day at the factory?

So no harm no foul, wasn't on a job. Was actually at my supplier when it happened, good timing. Like to hear Sapphire in all their greatness nip the 570 heat issue quickly, like yesterday.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
So I've seen 2 owners now reporting heat/diverted issues. Are there more? Sorta makes me wonder how many nation/worldwide that we won't be hearing about cause they don't come to this board. I'm 4o hours on my 370 with no heat issues. A Kohler 20hp doesn't put out the heat that the 3 cyl does on that 570.

Don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill but my 370 came without fuel filter. Couple hours on the meter and the engine caughed and quit, fuel bubbling top of the engine. My suppliers mechanic found a tiny chunk of crap on the carb float bowl needle seat allowing the float bowl to overflow. Then found lack of fuel filter. The assemble guy had a bad day at the factory?

So no harm no foul, wasn't on a job. Was actually at my supplier when it happened, good timing. Like to hear Sapphire in all their greatness nip the 570 heat issue quickly, like yesterday.

The factory doesnt install the machine your distributor does, it would go back on them. But if they didnt specify that they were goong to put one on then its all you. Not that hard to put one on and change it once a year. You might want to drop your tank and clean it out if you already sucked stuff up.

Reactions: Total_Rookie

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
You should have 2 filters, one in line 3 way filter/return unit and a normal small engine fuel Filter on inside of the panel on the left side (370) of the motor.

Ron B

Supportive Member
Name
Ron
Hello Scott could you be more specific to the heat issues you're referring to? Overheating or not heating? Most recently I found a bimba valve full of water/foam. Obviously the cause was lack of defoamer to help control the situation. Once the bimba filled it prevented the diverter shaft from moving in and out. Another scenario we see often is running the 570 at high RPM and high heat to clean Upholstery and carpet at low pressure or low flow causing the 165 degree therml valve to open from the thermal well and dump water into the wast tank ( by design to protect the pump). This can create a problem for those that carry fresh water as it will be used up quickly. The 57o is the hottest machine in its class, depending on water flow, pressure, ambient temperature, water temperature to the machine and if you are single or dual wanding the heat setting can be set on low or medium to achieve the desired cleaning temperature. Another key is lubricating the divert shaft on a monthly basis. This is another area we see neglected. As far as the fuel filter is concerned on your 370 please except our apologies for any inconvenience that it created for you. Should you have any other question feel free to contact me directly at 360-853-6905.
Thank you for your support!!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ron our own doug Cox is having troubles with with 570 not heating. not sure if he's gotten it handled yet but he's expressed he wish he got a cds instead.

My bimba was full not a defoam issue but a float switch that didnt shut down the machine failed several times with in the first 2-3 months. creating a waterfall effect out the front of the blower.

I keep my pump out on and try not to trust that switch at all, but by the off chance I get full and I do see the waterfall going thru the blower I take the hose's off the bimba over night havent had a problem since.

Name
Todd
I had my float switch fail on my 370 once also. I now run APO on most jobs. I tested it manually and it works perfect.

I am at around 560 hours and had to rebuild the low pressure seals in the General Pump as it started to dribble a little water . It didn't effect the performance of the pump. I had the same problem early on with my Prochem Blazer and Cat 3CP pump so go figure. I think they put cheap seals in like HP does with their printer cartridges being half full.
Then they get you for another $200+ on the back end. Cat seals are less money than General Emperor Seals. That is for sure

Sapphire took care of it under the 2 year warranty as I elected to do the repair myself. Sapphire sent me a complete seal kit. Those are the $200+_ K 204

It has been an Awesome little machine and I am still impressed with performance.
It has Paid for itself many times over all ready.

Being that I am way out here in Idaho. I have to have a reliable company that I can count on if an issue arise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I can control my divertor by pulling my front console in and out. Obviously a loose wire, but I have a busy life, so my time is limited. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I can control my divertor by pulling my front console in and out. Obviously a loose wire, but I have a busy life, so my time is limited. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
Check the connections on the thermostat. The thermostat is what controls the MAC valve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom