Sapphire Harwil float alternative

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I though I made a thread about this, but I guess I didn't. I think I wanted to give it some time before I report on how the float is holding up.

As many of you know I've been a complainer about the floats used on the waste tank of my 870. They are constantly going out. I have a workbench covered in Harwil float parts that I would use to keep my installed Harwil floats on life support. Eventually the magnets get weak, or the metal arm attached to the magnets bends out of adjustment some how. This may be due to the high temps the float is forced to work in. Whatever the reason, it's a pain to be constantly fixing them, They are expensive, and cheaply made.

I finally switched out the float for a different brand. I bought the float switch off Ebay for about $35 and got a second one for $28. I believe new they are about $45-$60. The floats I ended up getting are called "Flotect level switch L8". The new switch was a bit smaller than the Harwil so I needed an adaptor to reduce the hole on the waste tank. A simple fix with a trip to Ace Hardware.

The new switch seems better built than the Harwil. The plastic housing is thicker and just seems over all better built. Switch has been installed a little over a month so far and working great. I hope to get much longer life out of it when compared to the expensive Harwil. The pick below is of the float with the reducer installed. Then the other pic is it installed on my waste tank.

1605884774919.png

1605884930503.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom