sapphire questions for guys running them..jim martin too please

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
what kind of filter are you using? being used to butlers im not a fan of the filters laying in the driveway at all..much faster and easier and cleaner to have a rear door mounted system..i see saphire has one just wondering if its worth the 750.00..it looks pretty good. there are lots of them out there that will work though..

also anyone use a water pond? i need 200 gallons of fresh water and 200 gallons of waste so im going to have to have a aux tank for both fresh and reclaimed water to achieve this..i want a elect reel so im thinking the water pond gets me 1/2 way with the fresh and my elect all covered in one shot..

im getting a 570ss and putting it in a 2013 gmc 1 ton extended so i have plenty of room...

any pics of your rigs would be great to give me design ideas that may be better than mine.

dave

i spoke to jim for a while and he loves his 570ss and Jim runs his ship much like mine so...sapphire it is.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what kind of filter are you using? being used to butlers im not a fan of the filters laying in the driveway at all..much faster and easier and cleaner to have a rear door mounted system..i see saphire has one just wondering if its worth the 750.00..it looks pretty good. there are lots of them out there that will work though..

also anyone use a water pond? i need 200 gallons of fresh water and 200 gallons of waste so im going to have to have a aux tank for both fresh and reclaimed water to achieve this..i want a elect reel so im thinking the water pond gets me 1/2 way with the fresh and my elect all covered in one shot..

im getting a 570ss and putting it in a 2013 gmc 1 ton extended so i have plenty of room...

any pics of your rigs would be great to give me design ideas that may be better than mine.

dave

i spoke to jim for a while and he loves his 570ss and Jim runs his ship much like mine so...sapphire it is.

devastator filter is what I use on my 570........not a huge fan of having them laying in line on the ground either because I am use to the filter box on the thermalwave......but because of how good the devastator filter is...I don't mind making the exception..............

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I don't have any of that "fancy" stuff and I'm very happy with our 370. Just turned 500hrs! Elect hose reel, water ponds, corner gards... Sounds great, Dave!

Question about the filters... Are you using them because cleaning the waste tank filter is a pain or do they do a better job than the "basket type" box filter? What happens to that filter on the ground when it's -5 this winter? I'd imagine they would freeze?

I thought someone had the filter for 500 somewhere.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I like the rear mounted filter because its cleaner and easier..setting up the filter and laying t in a driveway or front yard is fine but its just something we are not used to doing so its un natural for us..

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
What happens to that filter on the ground when it's -5 this winter? I'd imagine they would freeze?

St Augustine, FLORIDA

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
IWhat happens to that filter on the ground when it's -5 this winter? I'd imagine they would freeze?

I hesitate to send the truck out when 5 below, Jerry ...5 above we roll ..
it's not much different than your hose on the ground.
The recovery water is still warm when it gets there..and it's moving .

The only time I ever recall freezing was on a broken pipe water extraction .
It wasn't all that cold out as I recall either ...maybe 10 or 15 above .
But she froze enough to lose a LOT of vac

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhhh 10 below is close to my min.....

screw that...to hard to make sure things dont freeze...

plus i freeze....foooook that

Mike Draper

I cleaned a large job at -16 last winter with my devastator. I think it was 11k sq. ft. or so. No your filter doesn't freeze up. The constant warm air being drawn from inside the building and the hot water you are pulling through keep things thawed out.. We were running 350' of hose to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom