Sapphire Rage

C

cucu

Looks like a great little unit. put it with a 360i and away you go. For an entry unit or for guys who just do apartments i think it would be great

Mikey P

Administrator
In a Honda Element or Ford Transit it would make a hell of a set up for a Janitorial crew to be able to clean carpet (or properly clean tile) in small shops or offices.

189325527_photobucket_3049_.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think they should make a flood sucker version of it. I have an old cub xl that works great in that role. You don't need a big machine for water damage

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Nobody was interested in the rage before it had a name change... Why now?? So they changed the name, added some color and graphics to hope it would sell better...... I guess its working.

Ryan

joeynbgky said:
Nobody was interested in the rage before it had a name change... Why now?? So they changed the name, added some color and graphics to hope it would sell better...... I guess its working.

They changed more then the color. The price also dropped something like 4k I think? I think the graphics on the SS 270 look better though. I don't really care for the red.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Where did the 270 go then? I remember someone comparing the specs and they were the same.. Am I wrong? Seems like the same model..

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Heres the 270 specs

The 270SS takes half the space of other truckmounts in your van or truck while delivering better heat and vacuum. Engineered and built by industry experts you know and trust, the 270SS utilizes innovative design like through-frame belt cooling and premium components such as the flagship 18 HP V-Twin engine from Briggs & Stratton to ensure a long service life and reduced costs.

Utilizing a unique patent-pending heat diverter system to keep the blower cool, Sapphire truckmounts do not bypass or dump water to the waste tank, no matter how much time elapses. This saves water and preserves space in the waste tank, allowing operators to keep cleaning carpets longer.

Features & Benefits:

Smallest cubic size in the industry: Requires 50% less cubic inches than other competitive models freeing up precious van space
Premium Briggs & Stratton commercial engine is backed by a two year commercial-use manufacturer’s warranty.
V-Twin cylinder configuration with cast iron cylinder sleeves and overhead valves provides superior vibration control, improved durability and better fuel economy.
Superior heat: New heater design generates tremendously hot water
Longer-lasting belts: Unique frame design channels cool air to the belts through the frame tubing, extending belt lifespan
Easy-to-remove access panel and side hoods: Remove quickly allowing generous space for service with a tight fit and finish to reduce rattling
Short reach service design: No serviceable parts are more that 8 inches from outer edges making maintenance a snap
Reduced number of parts: Including shorter hoses for better access, performance and durability
2½" vacuum hose port: Allows more air flow
Front-mounted solution manifold for effortless servicing
Power Plant 18 HP Briggs and Stratton gasoline engine operating at 3000 RPM
Vacuum Pump Sutorbilt 3LL vacuum pump producing 13" Hg
Solution Pump CAT 3CP 1120 producing 1500 PSI and 4.3 GPM
Waste Tank 78 gal. marine grade aluminum – 58 gal. at shutoff
Console dimensions
(W × H × D) 16 × 34 × 40 in.
40.5 × 86.4 × 101.6 cm
http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.ht ... ++++++++++

now the rage

Power Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 18 HP
Model Rage Truckmount #72-170
Blower 250 CFM dual lobe PD
Solution pump General HTX3S 3.5 GPM at 1000 PSI
Waste tank 90 gal.
Weight (console) 476 lbs. / 650 lbs. with waste tank
Dimensions (W × H × D) 16 × 32.5 × 38.3 in.

They may be slightly different.....

Todd Anthony

It is not the same as the 270. This rage is a direct coupled unit and has a different HX. You can look at the difference on the Sapphire website owners manuals. At 250 CFM I wonder if it is any more powerful then a Mytee M5 with Airhog and propane heat....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Todd Anthony said:
At 250 CFM I wonder if it is any more powerful then a Mytee M5 with Airhog and propane heat....

I'd "guess" it would be, due to it being a positive displacement blower and not electric vacs

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cucu said:
or for guys who just do apartments i think it would be great

why???

the guys that just do apartments need all the heat, suck and flow (with in reason) they can get.

Time is money....

..l.T.A.

C

cucu

meAt said:
cucu said:

why???

the guys that just do apartments need all the heat, suck and flow (with in reason) they can get.

Time is money....

..l.T.A.
then they are doing the apt biz the wrong way, and most likely not making the money they should
with the right chems in your pre spray ,and a bit of dwell time you can do a very good job without the over 200degree that some think you got to have
i know this because i have done it. (i restarted my biz 4years ago with a ninja porty no heater out of the trunk of my wifes car)

with the 2 judsons and the ss370 i have now i can take care of all the other types of work i do
for just doing the apts only in a small van i think it would be great

Dirtmonger

When introduced the SS 270 was to be the entry level offering. However there was only about a $1,000 difference between that and the SS 370 which offered the GD 406 blower mated to a 20 hp Kohler in the same size chasis. Basically they had two offerings in the same price range. The Rage appears to be a redesign to match the entry level price point that they want to appeal to.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
meAt said:
cucu said:

why???

Time is money....

..l.T.A.

I was thinking the same thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom