Sapphire Scientific Down Under....

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Thought I would show you some of the install options now available with the small footprint designs on the Sapphire units. As most realize, our standard size vans down here are quite a bit smaller than your vans, but we still have a bit of usable room.

DSC04179.jpg

Above you will see a live fresh water hose reel to the left in front of the wastetank. We put a full length stainless steel strip along the leading edge of the carpet as well. We have then ducted down the wastetank dump port through to the step. On that step as well, we have mounted the fuel pump up in the right hand corner which is nice and accessible, rather than having to every climb underneath the van to service it. If you have a look down behind the tire and mudflap, you will see a brass cap - this is where we have ducted the APO line. Ducting the APO line externally, and the waste dump port through the floor makes sure that there is no dirty water inside the actual van. We have also staggered the waste tank from the console. The waste tank is about recessed 10" from the front of the console. This allows good access to the entire left hand side of the machine.

DSC04223.jpg

We had a space behind the vacuum hose reel, so we fabricated up a shelf over the battery box, and it comfortably holds two Dri-Eaz airmovers.

DSC04191.jpg

You can see the glass blasted stainless chemical shelf over the left hand wheel arch. All three reels to the right are also glass blasted marine grade stainless steel as well. Side mounting allows for easy access to the complete side of the truckmount through the rear door.

All in all, for such a small van, these truckmounts allow quite a bit of useable left over storage space, all the while having a truckmount that is very easy to service with access to both sides of the console.

Jim

Mikey P

Administrator
Who's line of chems is that on the shelves.

I see you stole my Lunchpail lay out.

I knew I should have patented that. blowme

Super nice work Jim.

as always.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
John Middleton said:
[quote="Mikey P":1nf60jno]I didn't realize you had such big jugs down there.

Shorty, did you miss this one or were you being good for a change !gotcha!

John :lol:[/quote:1nf60jno]

Nah, didn't miss it, I been a naughty boy of late, so I dedided to give it a rest. :wink:

Plus, I like 'em compact. :shock:

Ooroo,

:twisted:

Greenie

OK...tech question:

I see the squirrel cage fan behind the front grill, looks like it's cooling belts or something, but there are no belts in that area, so what is the fan cooling?

Jim, what temp does the 370 hold at with the wand in the picture.....nothing to fancy, maybe just a 50% duty cycle, 10 sec. on 10 sec. off type of deal.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
Greenie said:
OK...tech question:

I see the squirrel cage fan behind the front grill, looks like it's cooling belts or something, but there are no belts in that area, so what is the fan cooling?

Jim, what temp does the 370 hold at with the wand in the picture.....nothing to fancy, maybe just a 50% duty cycle, 10 sec. on 10 sec. off type of deal.

I believe the squirrel cage fan is to help extract the hot air away from the motor, plus if the battery goes flat you can convert it into a squirrel powered starter motor ( just make certain the securing bolt is well tightened :oops: )

Greenie

Got it....mannual starter, just add squirrel.

Sure beats a rope start on that 20hp!

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Mikey P said:
I didn't realize you had such big jugs down there.
lol – I will leave my initial comments fall by the wayside as well. You guys use gallon bottoles over there. 1 Gal = 3.78 litres. All of our standard bottle over here are 5 litre sizes.

Greenie said:
OK...tech question:
You got it right. It sucks cooler air from outside, pumps it through the tube framing toward the back of the machine where it exits and constantly blows air over the belts therefore extending belt life. I think it is a real good idea!
I have only been playing with a greenhorn wand on them so far, so I haven’t been paying close attention to the temp guage in all honesty – but give me a day or so and I will have a play with a normal 6 flow wand and let you know on here.

Jim

Oh, and over here we supply each unit with a 'free' possum as a back up starter unit :lol: Since we don't have squirrels over here, we call it a 'Possum' cage, cause we sure have enough of them little critters. I think RipIt actually enjoys a good possum steak on the odd weekend 8)

RIP IT

Name
Chris
I prefer Wagyu ( as you know Jim ).
When i was in Myrtle last year one of the locals told me they have recipes for squirrel. :shock:
Fortunately not at any of the restuarants I went too.
Loctite. It works. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom