Sapphire Scientific TM

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I got a chance to see their new truck mount at Olson's shop. That thing is definitely going to save a lot of space in a van!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i too seen one and agree. but i dont think anybody on the board has bought one. iwonder how many have sold to date and if their going to be a succesfull tm.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
It's already 2.5 compatible as I saw it. And it looks to be that way all the way to the waste tank. I didn't have a camera, but I may stop over there early next week. Basically to annoy the crap out of John with senseless questions, and because I don't know anyone from here. :mrgreen:

Name
I'm Rick James
I saw the machine in the ics mag and i am impressed with the foot print it has in the van. Its gotta be a bitch to work on.

Greenie

This is not to take away from a Saphire, but I keep seeing post about "foot print".

I have a question:

If I take a 120 gal Judson TNT and measure the foot print, and I take a SS 370 and 120g tank and measure the Footprint, how much difference is there?

Same goes for a Legend, or a Boxxer etc...

Just a pet peave of mine, getting Part of the information, and not a full story.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Greenie, has a very good point.....The Lunchpail will take up more "accessable"
floor space at the doors....However all equipment MUST be serviced....

And IMO...the Judson design is obviously easier to work on...But I like the fact
that all the components are elevated off the floor....much easier on the back..&
alot easier for day to day VISUAL inspections....

Greenie

The lunchpail is the benchmark of easy to service, but I was jsut looking at sheer numbers, there are a lot of Legends and classic TNTs out there with an even narrower footprint.

T

The Magician

You can't beat the heat of the lunchpail. You will have the help & experience from Greenie and Les 24 hr. X 7. and you know they will be around a long time. Plus others that have purchased them.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I agree with you....They are marketing the Saffire s a small foot-print unit..TRUE....

But if you measure the TOTAL foot-print of a COMPLETE OPERATIONAL UNIT..
(including a waste tank). I would bet there is little to NO differance in total "usable"
square footage !

So the only "advantage" is 12 inches of "door access"....
Which I would GLADLY give-up ....When I had to do service or repairs.....

My Question is...? Isn't having the components "crammed-into" such a tight
configuration....going to create extreem HEAT... :?:

Greenie, if you remember when I had a GREMLIN in my 405.....shutting down after 30 min.

It was CAUSED...by the coil OVERHEATING. :shock: :shock:

The heat can effect the performance of alot of components... :twisted:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
ACCESSIBILITY

is a big factor for ease of service.

We also like the components up where service is easier.

These designers need to service a few of the TM's they design.

Larry

woodsey

I have a blueline thermalwave and I think it was designed by the same people that came up with the IRS tax code. If the Sapphire is any thing like the blueline then YOU CANT WORK ON THEM . My next unit will be the opposite from the blueline. SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE.

WANDMASTER3

I AGREE I USE A BLUELINE , BLUEWAVE AND ITS SUCKS WHEN IT BREAKS DOWN CAN REALLY TROUBLESHOOT LIKE THE OLD LEGEND I USE TO USE.

Bob Foster

woodsey said:
I have a blueline thermalwave and I think it was designed by the same people that came up with the IRS tax code. If the Sapphire is any thing like the blueline then YOU CANT WORK ON THEM . My next unit will be the opposite from the blueline. SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE.

Do you mean like this?

simple.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Up for bid

One brand new SS 370 Slide In Truckmount carpet cleaning machine.

Retail Value $17,000 and then some.

Starting bid $5000 in one hundred dollar increments.

Includes Waste tank, Blueline Waterpond, reels, 150ft of both hoses and a Stryker wand.

Auction is over when Rob Allen confesses to his sins.

Supersucker

The narrow design does leave room to have the reels next to the machine. So they are competing with the El Diablo, and I can't recall having heard anything negative about that unit.

Same old problem with slide-ins; real estate. I wish I had never put mine in the regular length van, can't haul everything without having to pull half the gear out in the driveway.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I would suggest that the guys check the alignment from the motor to the cat pump pulley. I remember it looking to be a little off ??

Greenie

Supersucker said:
The narrow design does leave room to have the reels next to the machine. So they are competing with the El Diablo, and I can't recall having heard anything negative about that unit.

I must be Blind, if you place the Diablo tank Next to the machine (u have to cause it ain't gonna fit Behind the machine), then you have just as wide a footprint as any other, and Not likely to get a hose reel out the side door of a standard van.

Supersucker

Correction, the El DIablo tank is shaped to fit over the wheelwell in a rear door install, leaving room for reels or what have you.

Of course many tanks are wide but not very tall. I think the Butler tanks are tallest, barely room left to get to the filters.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think most manufacturers would be smart to mount either the waste or fresh tank under the truckmount, this to me is more valuable in the end than if the machine is narrow,

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Ok Guys I can't take it anymore, I going to comment.
1. The Sapphire units are not designed or engineered by the same people who did BLUEline machines. We bought BLUEline 8 months after the Sapphire machines were started in engineering, after the designs had been finalized, and prototypes had been built.
2. Michael Roden who is considered by the majority of people in the industry as the most influential truckmount design engineer (he designed all the successful Prochem units and has several heat exchange related patents) has been the lead engineer on the Sapphire units from the beginning. (no disrespect to the Judson's but product designs should evolve in my opinion)
3. Want easy to work on, you got it here. No parts are more than 8 inches from the outside of the machine. I looked at the times on the Judson machine posted above by Bob Foster and we can meet or beat those.
4. Heat issues because of components being placed to close? Well we have the only belt cooling system ever added to a machine to make parts run cooler than competitive units.
5. Our heat exchange system is so unique and efficient that rather than have your van absorb all the unused heat created by many machines its being used to heat the water.
6. We are so sure of the design that we have gone to market with a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.
7. Space saving? I think once you see the unit you'll be very happy, I've never found the area behind the driver seat to be useful for anything other than a waste tank but others might not mind having the side door filled with a waste tank and machine. Thats a personal preference.
8. 2.5 inch throughout the machine best vacuum available in it's class utilizing a Gardner Denver 406 tri lobe blower.

Oh I could go on a bit more but I'll save that for the next round :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom