SapphireScientific...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
So I had been waiting for one of my local supplier to order in Sapphier Scientific Dye stabilizer.. A couple of months later still no word from them...

I went to look at Pemberton's site and could not find it there either...

Next step google....here is the shocker: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... 1P?prdNo=3 :shock: :shock:

Freaking Sears sells the product that I couldn't get from some of our industry specific places...

Go figure.. :roll:

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Re: dye stabilizer

Hold off 'till walmart gets it - you'll buy it for $9.46 a gallon.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

That was one of the reasons I ended up posting this.

If and when your customers happen to see your product bottles- they have the right to say "I could get the same stuff at Sears... :roll: "

I don't get it..what's next -Sapphire Scientific truckmounts mounted a small trailers for home owners to buy? Renamed Craftsman truckmounts?!?!?!

I'm not sure I like, where this could go.

Perhaps becoming a big company (like this whole "legend brands") in our industry is not a good thing for us smaller outfits to support.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Another question about the dye stabilizer product- its basically 16bucks a gallon from Sears. The Dyelock from Bridgepoint is I believe 81bucks a gallon.

Do these two products have major differences -as reflected in pricing?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

Bridgepoint's Dye-Loc is a totally different chemical from Sapphire Scientific's. I don't know the dilution for the Sear's products, but Dye-Loc is used at 3 ounces to the gallon as a pretreatment before cleaning. That may account for the price difference.

Whatever product you use, it is still good to test. Urine and other damage can make dyes very unstable.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
That was one of the reasons I ended up posting this.

If and when your customers happen to see your product bottles- they have the right to say "I could get the same stuff at Sears... :roll: "

I don't get it..what's next -Sapphire Scientific truckmounts mounted a small trailers for home owners to buy? Renamed Craftsman truckmounts?!?!?!

Perhaps becoming a big company (like this whole "legend brands") in our industry is not a good thing for us smaller outfits to support.
Zee,
Why is that an issue?
A good company, as I am sure yours is, get their clients for the quality of their work and expertise and not by the availability of the products to the consumer.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Zalan Szabo (zee)":3iv9h74y]That was one of the reasons I ended up posting this.

Zee,
Why is that an issue?
A good company, as I am sure yours is, get their clients for the quality of their work and expertise and not by the availability of the products to the consumer.[/quote:3iv9h74y]

Yes you are right, BUT in my opinion you always want to be different than what your customers can get at their favorite store.

Like not showing up with the same rental units they can get at their store. The same way I wana have different chemicals too. For example I don't wana break out a bottle of folex or resolve to do spot cleaning.

As professionals we should have different tools chems that get the job done.
(I'm not saying you can have good stuff from the groceries store! I use felsnaptha too)

Name
Lee Stockwell
I never take bottles on-site. I do that so that others don't routinely see what I use. Even spotters are kept in a spotting bag.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lee Stockwell said:
I never take bottles on-site. I do that so that others don't routinely see what I use. Even spotters are kept in a spotting bag.

Exactly- A customer should never see anything with a supplier's name on it. Put everything you might take into a home into your own plastic containers.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Snow said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":18b9hlr7]I never take bottles on-site. I do that so that others don't routinely see what I use. Even spotters are kept in a spotting bag.

Exactly- A customer should never see anything with a supplier's name on it. Put everything you might take into a home into your own plastic containers.[/quote:18b9hlr7]

I know I never take bottles into a home either. Other than spotting bottles sprayers. But they are usually clear or white plastic.

This issue of them seeing applies to that inevitable smartass customer that want to know everything and even comes out to look at the equipment.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Saphire needs to comment on this............ This is cutting their distributors. and hurting all of us.. If this product line is not pulled off of sears website..... I will never buy any more of these chems and i just bought alot of them... Why is sears alllowed to sell it? Are they a distributor? if not it needs pulled asap or bill owes an explanation... I am hoping that he didnt know about this and will order it down now

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thanks for the "heads up" Zalan

Why my site eliminated some of my favorite products from my site is a mystery...which we will fix

gamechanger

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I assure you that Sapphire Scientific does not sell to or through Sears. Apparently this is a link that draws traffic through that site and looks somewhat "misleading".

We will promptly address this issue, and please feel free to visit our website for an official listing of Sapphire Scientific dealers.

Thank you,

Dorrel Allsop
Sales Manager
Sapphire Scientific

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Good, so tommorrow it should be gone.. Does this mean sears buys your chems for use in there carpet cleaning company/ thats what it seems like

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Its still not right. it makes consumers think they are ordering from a well known great store when in fact they are not.

randy

Name
Randy
I think Sears on line business is operated like Amazon.com

Sapphire may not sell to SEARS but this vacuum distributor clearly sells Sapphire products through Sears.com

Frankly it wouldn't really bother me much if I was a user of Sapphire and liked their chemical line, I would probably just keep using it.
It would bother me if I was Sapphire as this will lead to commoditization their chemical line fast. They will be at the same level as the ZEP line at Home Depoe if this continues. Not sure that is really what they are shooting for.

That being said some of the ZeP cleaners work well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom