Savage E-Beast - First Impressions

C

Charlie C

Although I've had it for a month or so I just got it installed and began using it yesterday. After two jobs I am very pleased with it. The heat is very steamy and the vac and booster left the carpet near dry. By nearly dry I mean that my knee was dry after kneeling down on the carpet (150 ft. away from the truck.) I used an RX-20 so I know I went through some water. I'm trying it out on a commercial account tonight (restaurant) and am excited to see how well it does there. It has been OP'ed for the last 6 months.

Unlike others, I think the Beast is beautiful...in its' simplicity. I'm not a mechanical type (one reason I chose a Savage) but it was easy to set up. I did it in about 4 hours total and I was pretty much just farting around with it. Someone who knew their way around an extractor could have done it in about two hrs. I've been a padder for about 9 yrs. and have limited experience with HWE extractors. I like that it is a component system and I can see how it could be beefed up or scaled down to fit the situation. It has, or can have, a small footprint and could easily fit in a small van and leave lots of room for stuff.

I've got it in a box truck and have not "organized" the components yet so I'm not posting pictures until I know how I want it set up. If anyone is interested in the Savage E-Beast I'll post pics of the unit and vids of it in action as I run it through its' paces.

No...it isn't pretty to look at but it sure can cook! My first impression is a very favorable one. THANKS BOB!

If Bob's tm was installed in a new van with clean shelving, it would be very appealing. I was impressed with the performance mainly the fact that it ran on one cord, the vac system could be transported closer to the job, and the heat the system could maintain.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I love mine too. Over 6 years of abuse and still going strong. Did you use the Screamer booster at the truck or closer to the wand?

My next TM will be electric....something I can take in and out. That will get rid of a porty for HI-rises. Bob and T have impressive units.

C

Charlie C

Bill.
THANKS for your help when I was first considering the E Beast. I have only gone 150 ft. With the booster 50 ft from the RX20. I'm getting ready to do a job tonight and I'm gonna run 150 to the booster then 50 just to see how it does.

I've got the main unit and the booster on dolly's so I can wheel the booster to the door and the main unit to the back of the truck when setting up. When I'm done I just wheel them in and bungie to the sides behind the heater and hose reels which are on the sides by the rear door. Wouldn't be hard to wheel it all in if needed. Bob's propane heater is another story but I have alternate sources for heat. I also chose the 1200 adj. PSI

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have been thinking about getting the Rotovac CFX. I want something that can be set up outside the front door of a house and run 100ft of hose. I want/need auto fill auto dump. I don't need high heat or high flow. Is the E-Beast more of a TM or does it work as a portable?

Congratulations on the new machine! I Would love to see photo's of your set up.

I've also been padding for years, just got a electric tm a few months ago. I found it hard to get the hang of it (padding is my comfort zone) but the more I use HWE the more I like it. Feels good to have both capabilities :)

C

Charlie C

OK...Just got back from doing a restaurant with the Beast. Vac, prespray, scrub, extract w/ RX20 and post pad. About 1500-2000 sq.ft. of carpet. took 3 hrs. Seemed like it took forever because I don't have the system down yet but really it only took maybe 1:15 more than just vac, pre-scrub and OP. Carpet came out looking great! Customer was pleased. Got to melt gum for the first time so that was fun. Plenty of steam coming out from under the RX. At 200 ft. from the truck my knee was a little wet when I knelt down but as I got closer to the door I took off a 50 ft. section of hose and noticed that the carpet was dryer. I have no doubt it will be dry when they open for breakfast. For only the second paying job with the Beast I can say both myself and my customers have been happy with the results.

Name
Nate W.
Charlie C said:
OK...Just got back from doing a restaurant with the Beast. Vac, prespray, scrub, extract w/ RX20 and post pad. About 1500-2000 sq.ft. of carpet. took 3 hrs. Seemed like it took forever because I don't have the system down yet but really it only took maybe 1:15 more than just vac, pre-scrub and OP. Carpet came out looking great! Customer was pleased. Got to melt gum for the first time so that was fun. Plenty of steam coming out from under the RX. At 200 ft. from the truck my knee was a little wet when I knelt down but as I got closer to the door I took off a 50 ft. section of hose and noticed that the carpet was dryer. I have no doubt it will be dry when they open for breakfast. For only the second paying job with the Beast I can say both myself and my customers have been happy with the results.

Good deal! As long as your making money and keeping your customers happy, it's a win win for everyone.

Charlie C said:

Get you a 2" wand with glide and your dry times and.production will be much better. I have tried them all RX,Rotovac etc and they ares much slower than a wand. Dealing with and extra cord sucks too.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
amazingcleansc said:
so.. what is the lift/cfm on this savage beast?

Standard configuration 285 CFM at 11 HG or you have the option of running 400 CFM. But don't let the 285 CFM fool you. Bob's design optimizes CFM at the wand where it counts.

C

Charlie C

Bill,
Does your double unit have the 400 CFM? Do you ever run a booster?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Charlie C said:
Bill,

My double units have 230 CFM. I don't have the Screamer booster but that combo would make it 400 CFM. With Bob's tanks and intelligent design, 230 CFM is all I need most of the time. Occasionally when I need it (over 150 ft), I run a 120 CFM booster which I will replace with Bob's 170 CFM Screamer Booster in the future.

David, I know you had a older Savage unit. Bob's newer design are much less power hungry now. I don't miss a PD blower at all.

The Savage does everything I need it to do. I have a hard time comparing pre-sprays, because with that much heat the results are always so good. I buy spotter once a year because I rarely need to use them.

The best part is complete independence from your local TM mechanic. Everything is easy to fix and no hard to find parts. Cheap to have all replacement parts you will ever need on hand.

C

Charlie C

I run mine from an 8000 watt generator. 3 cords. Vac + Pump + Heater (igniter). The inline booster would/could be a 4th.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Good to hear you've kicked your cleaning up a few notches Charlie.

Charlie mentioned 4 cords with his setup. Actually, the heater only uses 1 amp of electricity, so, although it has a power cord, it can plug into the same outlet as any of the other components.

With Charlie's setup, it is actually a 2 cord machine (2 -15 amp circuits needed) because he has the 1200 PSI pump, plus a 3rd cord if he uses the vacuum booster.

If he had the 600 PSI pump, it would be a 1 -15 amp cord machine for the pump, main vacuum unit with APO, and the heater. Add the vac booster, and it would be a 2 -15 amp cord machine.

Bill's machine uses the new Twin-Flow design, with 2 separate main vacuum systems and 4 to the door into a Y, and then 2" hose straight to the wand.

With the Twin-Flow setup, I have cleaned with over 200' of vacuum hose, using 2 -75' sections of 2" vac hose to the Y, and then a single run of 150' of 2" vac hose to a 2" wand.

Yes the vacuum at the wand was still very strong.

A

amazingcleansc

Bill Soukoreff said:
[quote="Charlie C":2b26hi8z]Bill,

My double units have 230 CFM. I don't have the Screamer booster but that combo would make it 400 CFM. With Bob's tanks and intelligent design, 230 CFM is all I need most of the time. Occasionally when I need it (over 150 ft), I run a 120 CFM booster which I will replace with Bob's 170 CFM Screamer Booster in the future.

David, I know you had a older Savage unit. Bob's newer design are much less power hungry now. I don't miss a PD blower at all.

The Savage does everything I need it to do. I have a hard time comparing pre-sprays, because with that much heat the results are always so good. I buy spotter once a year because I rarely need to use them.

The best part is complete independence from your local TM mechanic. Everything is easy to fix and no hard to find parts. Cheap to have all replacement parts you will ever need on hand.[/quote:2b26hi8z]

is that true? I thought boosters increased lift but not cfm.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
amazingcleansc said:
Bill Soukoreff said:
[quote="Charlie C":2ptq8w5q]Bill,

The best part is complete independence from your local TM mechanic. Everything is easy to fix and no hard to find parts. Cheap to have all replacement parts you will ever need on hand.

is that true? I thought boosters increased lift but not cfm.[/quote:2ptq8w5q]

These are flow through boosters. Increase CFM and maintain lift.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Mark,

To set your mind at ease, I personally clean with the main vacuum unit, LP heater, and 600 PSI pump.

600 PSI (actually about 450 PSI) is all you need to clean carpet and upholstery. It will even clean tile/grout because of the extreme heat our unit produces.

That requires 1 -15 amp cord - period. No cord tangling, no device to locate circuits, or no degree in electronics required.

That is enough vacuum to get great dry times as long as the hose run is not much over 100'.

If you are a vacuum connoisseur , the inline booster, or the Twin Flow setup, only add a second cord.

Marc Imbesi said:
Where are you guys finding 3-4 circuits to plug all these cords into? This doesn't seem as professional as a gas powered TM. 3-4 cords PLUS hoses? No concern of a trip hazard? How much time taken to find 3-4 separate circuits? Did you have to go to a Vocational School for Electrical Technician Cert? If I were a client, I'd freak at the thought of my next electric bill!

Do you seriously think it uses that much electricity? Heck a dehu or airmover for 24 HRS is only 2-4 dollars a DAY.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Marc Imbesi said:
Where are you guys finding 3-4 circuits to plug all these cords into? This doesn't seem as professional as a gas powered TM. 3-4 cords PLUS hoses? No concern of a trip hazard? How much time taken to find 3-4 separate circuits? Did you have to go to a Vocational School for Electrical Technician Cert? If I were a client, I'd freak at the thought of my next electric bill!

It's 3 cords that go into a splitter.

They run less total than 15 amps, 1 cord at client's outlet. Not 3-4.

MP-EC3WA-EA.jpg

B

Bill G. Martin

Hey Charlie....how about some pictures of that Savage set up???

Bill in central Florida

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom