Say hello to my little friend!

Credits
She has found some really nice concealed carry purses

not a fan of off body carry.
it's too easy to FORGET you have a gun .

The potential to forget long enough for a toddler or young kid to get in purse is real...and happens all too often .
generally not because they're that irresponsible, but almost always because they simply "forget" it's there

observations;

is she left handed?
her grip/hold isn't right if so.
if right handed, in the first pic, she looks like she's pulling the trigger with help from her left hand finger ?
not uncommon for women to lack the hand strength to pull the trigger on revolvers with their typical 10-14 pound double action pull weight

as a non dogmatic instructor (with the exception of safety and responsibility) I see little wrong with that if it works

Looks like she's dipping her head to the pistol instead of getting pistol UP to her line of sight
she'll shoot better and be more comfortable if she brings the pistol UP ...and she'll not get a crick in her neck in longer range sessions .
sights should be in line with dominant eye too if she's not doing that now

bring 500 rnds of ammo each, and spend 8 hours with me.
you'll leave here more than proficient along with a solid base of fundi's and drills to practice and build skill level
fo-reel ....:yoda:

..L.T.A.

Credits
not a fan of off body carry.
it's too easy to FORGET you have a gun .

The potential to forget long enough for a toddler or young kid to get in purse is real...and happens all too often .
generally not because they're that irresponsible, but almost always because they simply "forget" it's there

observations;

is she left handed?
her grip/hold isn't right if so.
if right handed, in the first pic, she looks like she's pulling the trigger with help from her left hand finger ?
not uncommon for women to lack the hand strength to pull the trigger on revolvers with their typical 10-14 pound double action pull weight

as a non dogmatic instructor (with the exception of safety and responsibility) I see little wrong with that if it works

Looks like she's dipping her head to the pistol instead of getting pistol UP to her line of sight
she'll shoot better and be more comfortable if she brings the pistol UP ...and she'll not get a crick in her neck in longer range sessions .
sights should be in line with dominant eye too if she's not doing that now

bring 500 rnds of ammo each, and spend 8 hours with me.
you'll leave here more than proficient along with a solid base of fundi's and drills to practice and build skill level
fo-reel ....:yoda:

..L.T.A.
Thanks for the tips! You bring up some very valid points about off body carry. She is right handed, I'm left. We would love to come shoot with you some day. I could use alot of training myself. I carry a .44 mag when I hike but the bear is going to have to be right in my face if I'm going to hit it lol! I just changed from wood grips to rubber, I think that will help alot.
20180413_144343.jpg
20180413_144707.jpg

Credits
It was her 1st time
good for her!!!!

light wt snubbies aren't easy to shoot well ...and not all that much range fun for most in 38spl and up if/when shooting more than a little.

If she chooses to stick with revolver for self defense (BTW, not a thing wrong with that, and don't let any "tactifool" tell you different)
Get a 22 cal revolver for range play fun practice ...nothing improves fundi's/skills better than trigger time.
22 cal allows mucho trigger time at minimal ammo cost and recoil wrist/hand fatigue

Your Smith's sweet
I've owned several 44mags (couple Ruger Redhawks and S&W mdl 29)
Yours looks like a 329 Airlite Scandium frame
if so..I'm SURE it's a handful
equally sure the rubber grips help with recoil and squirting around in the hand during recoil with those smooth hard wood stocks

you and your wife have a standing invitation, Nick
if you ever come out this way on biz or pleasure, make plans for a day at my range
I especially love to help women, as they're typically more vulnerable than men due to physical stature

..L.T.A.

Latest posts