Scarifying concrete slab for epoxy preparation

Name
Jeff T
In the new shop, I have a 30’ X 40’ space designated for cleaning rugs.
I need to do an epoxy or equivalent surface for them.
I have the Cimex scarification pads, ( gnarly spikes on Cimex pads), ready for surface prep of concrete.
My question(s) are as follows;
1- has anyone ever used these?
2- how much, how deep do I go?
3- post scarification, what to do for cleanup?
4- what’s the best product to use for priming, and epoxy (or equivalent , or better) for a extremely hard, chemically resistant flooring product?
5- how many coats do I need?
6- best method for cleaning the new coating?
7- how often do I need to reapply said product?

I would like to hear from Robert Mann or Randy (his last name eludes me).
Both these guys do rugs full time, and both have an excellent wash floor coating.
Thank you in advance.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Actually you don’t have to do all of that. You can acid wash or etch it with muriatic acid diluted. Do it like stripping vinyl with a 175 and a stripping pad. It opens up the pours and cleans the top surface. Neutralize it with any neutral cleaner and bam, you’re ready for epoxy.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care
Name
Jeff T
Ok, this is what I’ve learned. I’m going to put down a polyaspiratic floor coating for the wash floor. Bright white, with shark grip added to the mix to prevent an overly slippery surface.
Floor prep needs to be free from any contaminants, including oil and any paint overspray. I then need to scarify the concrete, vacuum, and wash again, then rinse cycle. It then needs to dry fully for approximately 72 hours, a final vacuum, and ready for application.
Total cost to do 30’ X 40’, 1700$…. And I provide all the preparation labour….

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Epoxy is expensive. Diana and used to do it back in the day some. I think we paid between 4-500 for a 5 gallon pale way back when. $1700 don’t sound out of line for that amount. Again, we didn’t go through all of that. We did it like I said, then rolled it on with 36” rollers. The worse part was odor. You have to wear a respirator!!!

Name
Jeff T
Epoxy is expensive. Diana and used to do it back in the day some. I think we paid between 4-500 for a 5 gallon pale way back when. $1700 don’t sound out of line for that amount. Again, we didn’t go through all of that. We did it like I said, then rolled it on with 36” rollers. The worse part was odor. You have to wear a respirator!!!
I’ve got a 36” drum fan (11,500 cfm) and 2 30” pedistall fans…
Shop entrance has a man door (regular door) and a 12’ X 14’ overhead door. At the opposite end, there is another man door…
My plan is run the pedistall fans ( intake) by the overhead, and the drum by the rear door (exhaust), and yes, wear a respirator…

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
We did a church youth center in a strip mall once. There was a daycare center at the other end of the mall. They howled to beat Betsy about the fume Odor. We were far enough away that we blew them off. I apologized and kept on rolling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom