Screwed by Steam Brite

dennybarber

I ordered shelves from Steam Brite 7 days ago and had to call them to ask why no shipping confirmation. They said they weren't in stock but came in yesterday do i still want them. No rush order or discount for wasting a week. Anybody else get this kind of service from them?

Anybody know wheere to get some good shelf that doesnt cost too much?

Mikey P

Administrator
If thats the worst you've ever been treated by a supplier, consider yourself very fortunate.

Suck it up and pay them with a smile. If you still don't have the shelves in another week lets us know about it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Mytee ones look really good.

P542-Photo.gif

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Steam Brite is known for some pretty slim margins on items they sell.

The reason: No inventory. Stock nothing, drop-ship most, and in/out the rest and you can keep "warehouse" that will cost no more than a receptionist office. But you and your customers will have to give up full-service.

Price-Service-Quality (you may pick only two, and that's it)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
How were you screwed by steambrite? Why dont you read there policy on shipping and such. You get good prices forthere stuff. They have a no return policy also did you read that? Before you go blasting a company read there policys on everything. I may not agree with it all, but its there

Can we get this thread removed for lack of common sense

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
How about ordering stuff and NEVER getting it, even after a few calls checking on the status.

Ryan

Shawn Forsythe said:
Steam Brite is known for some pretty slim margins on items they sell.

The reason: No inventory. Stock nothing, drop-ship most, and in/out the rest and you can keep "warehouse" that will cost no more than a receptionist office. But you and your customers will have to give up full-service.

Price-Service-Quality (you may pick only two, and that's it)

I pick Price and Quality!!! How much service do you really need? If you have problems with anything you can always just start a thread on here and get half a dozen answers in a 24 hour period.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Doug Cox said:
How about ordering stuff and NEVER getting it, even after a few calls checking on the status.

Then that would be a problem... I ordered a bentley wand from them. They charged my credit card, called 2 days later and said they were out. I got a refund, and a a wonderful phone call and appology from sandy. I went to cobbs. I like service but sometimes i just want price.

dennybarber

joeynbgky said:
How were you screwed by steambrite? Why dont you read there policy on shipping and such. You get good prices forthere stuff. They have a no return policy also did you read that? Before you go blasting a company read there policys on everything. I may not agree with it all, but its there

Can we get this thread removed for lack of common sense
I looked but it didnt say if we dont have it we wont tell you.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I had a bad experience with them as well. I ordered my first porty, a ninja, which was shown to have a pressure gauge and was supposed to arrive in 7 to 10 days. I had jobs booked and had apartments to clean as well, but the thing didn't show up for a month and it wasn't the one I thought I was getting. I called them and they basically told me too bad for me. I wouldn't buy a dogturd from them.

Name
Nate W.
rhino1 said:
I had a bad experience with them as well. I ordered my first porty, a ninja, which was shown to have a pressure gauge and was supposed to arrive in 7 to 10 days. I had jobs booked and had apartments to clean as well, but the thing didn't show up for a month and it wasn't the one I thought I was getting. I called them and they basically told me too bad for me. I wouldn't buy a dogturd from them.

I don't think anyone else would buy a dogturd from them either. :lol:

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I bought a fuel hook up from them for less than half the price. I paid $56.00 for a $125.00 hook up, Didn't have any problem. It arrived in about a week, I was in no hurry, I looked at the same part a couple months later though, It was $125.00. I was actually thinking about ordering my El-Diablo from them, When i get the money. If I order it over the internet, I could save on the sales tax right? that would be almost $1,000.00 saved :D plus they have free shipping and if you pay through paypal you're protected.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Jamie, You would just have to pay sales tax at the end of the year, but at least it will give you a little time.
It is a capital depreciation equiptment

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Rob Lyon said:
Jamie, You would just have to pay sales tax at the end of the year, but at least it will give you a little time.
It is a capital depreciation equiptment

Damn :( I knew that thought would be too good too be true.

rick imby

Name
Rick
We don't have Sales Tax in most of Montana... Oregon.. Alaska.. and a couple of other states.

You were screwed if they charged you and didn't ship but come on---your life is over because you haven't gotten your shelves?

*****Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. Ronald Reagan

The Best Article Spinner

Check out the Straight Talk Samsung R451c Unlimited Minutes for $45 a month

How Good is Straight Talk Coverage?

R

rotovacguy

Yeah, I've had a similar experience with them recently. To be honest, I had no problem at all with John and Sandy at SteamBrite. There were some problems with shipping confirmation and some damage from Fed Ex. John and Sandy handled their part very professionally, but I can't say the same for Donald.

I had a vacuum booster and Hydroforce filter get absolutely demolished in shipping. Well, first I should point out that I was expecting my shipment much earlier than when it came. I dropped $2100 on miscellaneous stuff on a Monday, paid via credit card, and was told the order would ship out the very next day, so should receive it by the end of the week...great. Well, come the end of the week, no shipment, so I call them to inquire about where it is since I received no confirmation. When I called I got Donald, who told me that it wasn't really all that important, and he had several customers at his counter needing help. Excuse the shit out of me?.. :evil: .....I remind him that I just dropped over 2 grand, and that it is VERY important to me, and I could really give a flying f*ck about his "other" customers! He goes on to tell me that if I received no confirmation, it has not shipped. I received some sort of email from them, but it was in computer gibberish, couldn't make out a thing, figured that was it, just a computer glitch. I tell Donald that I received something from them, but couldn't make it out at all. He then says that I would be charged a second time for shipping!!....WTF?.... :shock: ......I tell him you better not dare try charging me again! Long story short, he then gives me some BS about their emails / computers not working. Whatever.

So I finally get my stuff, most make the journey fine, except for the booster and filter. John and Sandy dealt with the damage claim through Fed Ex, and it went about as smooth as one could want. So about 10 days go by, and I call them to find out when I can expect my stuff. John tells me he will check on the status and return a call ASAP. Several hours later Donald calls my home, leaves a unprofessional message while I'm out on a job. He tells me on the message that he can't understand why I sent back the hydroforce filter. The actual filter was fine, but the housing was shattered. WTF good does the filter do me with a shattered housing????....So he says he's going to ship it back to me. What?????? He also gives me a cocky remark about me not picking up my phone but wanting to get this resolved, and also saying that I expect him to triple pack the stuff to ensure safe transit. You damn right I expect you to do whatever it takes to make sure the order can make the trip. I could care less if he has to use some extra shipping peanuts. I call them immediately and get John on the phone and ask him wtf is Donald's malfunction. I ask him what good would it have done me to keep the filter with no housing. I tell him that if Donald returns a broken filter to me, I'll jump on the first flight to San Antonio to personally shove the filter up his ass, and that I don't appreciate Donald's cocky remark, especially after almost 2 weeks have gone by. He apologizes and says he'll get it handled. Boy o boy, I'm sure they get guys spending a whole lot more than 2 grand, but to me, that's a shit load of money, and when I put that money out there, I demand service!! Donald really dropped the ball, not sure I'll EVER buy anything from them again, regardless of price. I praised them in the past, always had great service from them until this last time.

BTW....I ordered 100 feet of 2" Proflex hose from them, and received it with some cheap ass, rock hard black plastic GLUED ON cuffs. Is that the way they all come, regardless of vendor, or was this another shining example of what quality you can expect for their cheaper price? Cause shit, I would rather have spent an extra $20 to get some quality cuffs on them.

I received my filter and booster last Friday, almost one month after placing my initial order. Glad to say they finally got it right. The stuff was packed like it could have been dropped off the top of a highrise building, the way it should have been done the FIRST TIME!!

randy

Name
Randy
rhino1 said:

This is more of what you can expect from them. When you are insistent on going with the cheapest supplier it gets ugly. You may save $100 on a portable or 8-10% on supplies but you will go through a lot for that savings when you should be making money. Waiting a month for a portable is inexcusable. Why support a supplier that does that ?

Carpet cleaners like to scream about the "price shopping " customers and $8.95 a room bait n switch folks , but then they turn around and do the same to their suppliers. If you have a local supplier, it's stupid not to support them. If they have stocked shelves, inventory and mechanics that is well worth the difference. Especially if you are running a truck mount and are not a mechanic.

Saving a buck is great but often you really aren't saving anything in the long run. When a company like Steambrite has a "no return" policy , tells you tough luck or " it's your problem now" , YOU ARE PAYING FOR THAT BIG TIME.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
randy said:
rhino1 said:

This is more of what you can expect from them. When you are insistent on going with the cheapest supplier it gets ugly. You may save $100 on a portable or 8-10% on supplies but you will go through a lot for that savings when you should be making money. Waiting a month for a portable is inexcusable. Why support a supplier that does that ?

Carpet cleaners like to scream about the "price shopping " customers and $8.95 a room bait n switch folks , but then they turn around and do the same to their suppliers. If you have a local supplier, it's stupid not to support them. If they have stocked shelves, inventory and mechanics that is well worth the difference. Especially if you are running a truck mount and are not a mechanic.

Saving a buck is great but often you really aren't saving anything in the long run. When a company like Steambrite has a "no return" policy , tells you tough luck or " it's your problem now" , YOU ARE PAYING FOR THAT BIG TIME.

:roll: Look.. There is a place for both, Of course you would normally buy you're supplies from you're local distributer but sometimes you might not be in a hurry, And in my case it was well worth the extra time to save some money. My local guy wanted over $100.00 more for the same part, I don't think you guys should be on here continually trashing Steam Brite when they can't defend themselves here and I'm sure they have many happy customers like myself :mrgreen:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
randy has it right support your local guy.

case in point. i buy 99% from my supplier. last week my radiator cracked and he had an old one that he loaned me until i could get the old one re-cored. saved me 3 days of down time and i didn't loose a single job. i did have to work saturday but a small price to pay.

gene

randy

Name
Randy
everfresh1 said:
randy said:
rhino1 said:

:roll: Look.. There is a place for both, Of course you would normally buy you're supplies from you're local distributer but sometimes you might not be in a hurry, And in my case it was well worth the extra time to save some money. My local guy wanted over $100.00 more for the same part, I don't think you guys should be on here continually trashing Steam Brite when they can't defend themselves here and I'm sure they have many happy customers like myself :mrgreen:

I agree to a point, your local distributor can't be gauging you, but most aren't.
Steambrite has a well deserved reputation for lousy service going back a good five years. When a business has a no return policy and tells a cleaner "that's your tough luck" , they deserve to get trashed on every board in this industry. Defend themselves ? What defense is there for having a no return policy and telling a cleaner, tough luck. However they can come here and try to defend that if they wish. It's just a lot easier to take care of the customer than execute damage control or use fake profiles to post your own glowing feedback.

It's definitely tough luck, but not on the cleaner anymore. The Internet changed that and word gets around fast, like within seconds. Eventually companies like Steambrite will get the message and clean up their act or get annihilated and disappear.
Things have changed, the customer has the power and they know it .That's just the reality of the market place, satisfy the customer or you are gone. Those cold hard rules apply to every business, even ones with no customer service skills or inventory.

In another business I own we use the most expensive local supplier and use the highest quality meats he sells , that exceed the requirements of the franchise. Recently we had a huge snow storm that halted deliveries for three days. Even places that were plowed and open were ruining out of food. He delivered our order in his 4x4 and gave one of our people a ride to pick up our bred order as that vendor shut down deliveries. We stayed open 24 hour straight for two days as non of the competition in the shopping center was even open. People were literally walking out of Home depo with their new snow shovel, salt or whatever and making a beeline for our shop. That only happens when you support hardworking , local vendors that deserve it. They will be there for you with their inventory when UPS is on strike. Some of us remember that month long UPS strike.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom