Screwed Up Today.......

R

R W

Just had one of my RX20 glides replaced because it had sheared 1/2 off (thanks for the replacement, L), and today, I sheared 3 more off. I wasn't paying attention and hit a metal register sitting out of the floor. You gotta watch where you're driving that thing. It just glides so easy, you get complacent. I don't expect L to replace those, so I will be buying a new set here real soon.

A pricey screwup....kinda like a 4th marriage.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
New set (5) will be in the mail Monday.

Likely there are hairline fracures on all, the first one failed first, but the rest are just waiting for a good bump to go as well, which is why you had three more go... I'll just replace the whole set and hopefully everything will be dandy.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Can you imagine what would happen if Greg's guys discovered glides..........

:shock:

whole houses would be done in like ten minutes!

Take care,
Lisa

Brett

Ron, cover or mark the registers when you pre vac with a towel, box, anything you'll spot when running the RX

rick imby

Name
Rick
Turn down the volume on the AC/DC you are blasting in your headphones and pay attention.

Ipods--the death or human interaction and higher brain function.

Not sure if there was brain function there before though.

Rick

hogjowl

Idiot™
truckmount girl said:
Can you imagine what would happen if Greg's guys discovered glides..........

:shock:

whole houses would be done in like ten minutes!

Take care,
Lisa

I don't think so. They'd have to start prevacuuming, and I mean prevacuuming WELL; not just a swipe and run vacuuming, or the glided wands would leave so much debris on the floor that his customers would instantly see a problem.

And, in response to your next statement, no, I don't think the slotted glides pick up the debris as well as a non-glided wand, nor do I think they glide any easier then my titanium wand does without a glide.

clean one

Re: Lisa what it take

I haven't used my rx in 4 or 5 yrs what it take to redo the head on it. It has 5 jets a slots

Greenie

I was waiting to see if Lisa caught this one.

Let me help in the mean time.

Converting your 5 jet high speed RX is simple, just pop some glides in, and buy some jets and jet extenders.

If you might run it sans glides sometimes (yes, i realize some do) then get the "short" jet extenders. You can keep the same flow rate 7.5 or you can bump a bit to 10 flow, no need to go much higher as RX guys tend to lean heavy on the trigger.

To be perfectly honest, I tell guys to save some scratch, and PLUG two of the holes and just run 3 jets, and i go to 95 03 jets when they do that, then you have spare 4" nipples in your box if you ever pull an RW and wack stuff, cause they are pretty easy to break off a nipple in the hub.

RW, order an damn GuardZilla and learn to get comfy with it, you'll never break another glide, it only cost 1/2 of what a complete set of glides would, and it'll push cords, and protect furniture etc....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom