Scrubbin stairs Oreck style

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Ad me to the list. The little Orbiter is great on stairs.
In our commercial carpet cleaning business we've used one for years.
It's not an everyday tool, but when it's needed, it's mighty handy.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I had one of those, it was great until the plastic ring on the brush broke. It (at least mine) was not built to last. But lets let the record show, I've never scrubbed a stair in my life!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
what a backsaver. have you cleaned the stairs walking down them like that all along? i just started to, much easier. no more bending over with the Orbiter.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
You got me sold on the orbitor!

Do you use pads only or the brush too?

The brush consists of merely a thin row of stiff bristles around the outside of the plastic ring that has a very small contact footprint. I cant really see using it on carpet, although I never tried it. When I first got it, I did use the brush to scrub the grout in my bathroom just to try it, and it did do a good job, but the pad driver will run any pad/bonnet of the right size, so there are enough options for carpet that have alot more contact area than the brush.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
what a backsaver. have you cleaned the stairs walking down them like that all along?

I first tried it when scrubbing a hallway, when I reached the staircase and figured I could drop it right over the top bullnose, figured I would try and keep going.
Only way to do it now in my opinion, assuming you can maintain control with a good firm two handed grip, especially when dropping down over the bullnose.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Start on top. Stand on the lower steps. Work down.One hand on top handle and the other lower on the stick and work your way down. ( You can also use your knee to help the lower hand as you work down.) Rember to Pivot on the bullnose.

(Standing on top ( like in the video) the machine strains the back from the stooping)

Last edited:

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We have one and uses exactly the same way as my lead tech is 6/2
We love it for that reason and sometimes scrubbing out grout in heavy soiled areas

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom