scubbing just a small area

steve g

Name
steve garrett
on a typical job It may need some prescrubbing in a hallway or maybe the living room is bad so just that room needs scrubbing, lately I have been using just a carpet brush and soaking it down real good with prespray so its wet. in this situation its over kill to drag in a big 175 set it up and scrub the carpets. is there anything out there that would do a better job than a carpet brush but yet is more portable and easier to deal with than a 175 for scrubbing carpets.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
steve g said:
on a typical job It may need some prescrubbing in a hallway or maybe the living room is bad so just that room needs scrubbing, lately I have been using just a carpet brush and soaking it down real good with prespray so its wet. in this situation its over kill to drag in a big 175 set it up and scrub the carpets. is there anything out there that would do a better job than a carpet brush but yet is more portable and easier to deal with than a 175 for scrubbing carpets.

As ..YOU...already know..there are smaller "agitation devices"....

I would continue to do .."What you are doing"... :!:

My suggestion ..IS...throw an "UN-GLIDED".wand on the truck... :idea:

WE ..FORGET how much "agitation"..a wand can ProdUcE... :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
HARPER said:
steve g said:

As ..YOU...already know..there are smaller "agitation devices"....

I would continue to do .."What you are doing"... :!:

My suggestion ..IS...throw an "UN-GLIDED".wand on the truck... :idea:

WE ..FORGET how much "agitation"..a wand can ProdUcE... :shock:

i have one...and the very few times i have "tried" it...i cant even move the fooker....

I am confident that my grip has weakend somewhat since using a glided wand for the past year. The last time I played golf about a year and a half ago I was driving the ball 260-280 and hitting an 8 iron 145ish. I was hitting the ball long and straight. I played last week and lost atleast 30 yards on my long irons and driver. Now I am not a big golfer and really don't like the sport. I guess I need to lift weights or something because I am getting weak.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Oreck has a small 12" op machine that is about 30 lbs. I have one and it sits in the back corner of my truck between the wall and the hose reel.(small unused area perfect for it). I haul it out when a carpet brush just won't do. It works great for those jobs that really need aggitation of a small area without breaking out the 175.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
If you have a standard procedure stick to it. If that requires ROLLING a 175 in or carrying up a set up stairs. Either you do or you don't. The smaller models , unless you want the place to smell like burnt motor aren't a good idea

John Watson

Helen and I have a 12-13 in unit we bought at JonDons and Helen can pack it in for me to use when the TA's need a bit more that what our normal cleaning process will do..

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I picked up this little 13" Thoro-matic off craigslist for $200. Big enough motor and does a great job.

yhst-97565121716471_2116_170262171

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I call my 13" Clarke scrubber The Princess unit. Thor0matic sounds much better. It's nice when my back is blown out.

Newman said:
I picked up this little 13" Thoro-matic off craigslist for $200. Big enough motor and does a great job.

yhst-97565121716471_2116_170262171

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
been thinking about getting a 13" for that exact reason- Crowley you don't think the smaller scrubbers are powerful enough? I don't even know if any are available here - I'll look into it I guess.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have a sebo too, works great, 11lbs can't be that. I'd get another one or the host.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom