Scumbag rug cleaners...

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
I figured this board needed a new thread with the word "scumbag" in it... you know, 'tis the season!

Have you seen this video? I know bait and switch is not new news....but the amount of money taken from this man was unbelievable - and NO shame by the takers:

VIDEO ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7WEUaVN3aA

POST ==> http://realdirtoncri.wordpress.com/2010 ... -industry/

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving - and that lots in your community spill the cranberries and give you a call after the holiday to "save" them.

Just don't change $6,900... we need to keep the cleaning industry CLEAN. :shock:

Lisa

P.S. Mike - how do you embed the video properly here - and do the links properly so you can "name" them. I keep hitting all the toolbar options and I can never get it to work on this forum. Can you give the "Mikeysboard for Dummies" how-to? Thanks!

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Becker said:
Copy paste from ICS won;t work here.

Ahhh... but what you will see is that the answers on "what to do" to these guys will be "use IICRC" on the ICS board, and "knock out their kneecaps with a titanium wand" on Mikeysboard.

The topics can be the same... but the answers are ALWAYS very different, and much more entertaining to read over here.

The video/link codes are tougher to figure out here though - that's the only drag.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Becker said:
Copy paste from ICS won;t work here.

0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7WEUaVN3aA0]

Hey - how'd you get it to work right? I pasted the direct link into the thread, then highlighted and hit the "youtube" button on the toolbar - but it gave me just the text. Maybe I should have logged out and in and saw if it worked.

Thanks for correcting it. =)

Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
sweendogg said:
You know I think I got these fellas figured out. They are raking in the money for the new mosque!! :shock:

LMAO... yeah... they did appear to be Persian owners. Gives all Persians a bad name.

Lisa

Becker

Name
Becker
The video/link codes are tougher to figure out here though - that's the only drag.

That is what I mean by Copy and Paste don't work.... Not the fact you did it... LOL.. that works fine. Not all use all the boards.

Ask Greg Cole about spotted carpet needing extra work meaning no one gets the coupon price unless they haggle and the customer doesn't budge. Then the job is done in warp speed and on to the next.

* Heavily Soiled or Spotted Carpet may require additional cleaning. * Berber carpets will only be dry-cleaned.
*All living rooms/dining room combinations & rooms exceeding 14' x 15' will count as 2 rooms. * A flight of stairs is equivalent to one room. * Scented deodorizers available at an additional charge * Truck Mount is available upon request when placing appointment. A $3 fuel charge will be added to all invoices.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
$6,900.00 theft aside!

I like how they called in the services of a "reputable company" that porty'd the rug in the guys house on his w/w carpet

a screw job followed by lame rug cleaning and poor reporting Nice! :roll:

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
rhyde said:
$6,900.00 theft aside!

I like how they called in the services of a "reputable company" that porty'd the rug in the guys house on his w/w carpet

a screw job followed by lame rug cleaning and poor reporting Nice! :roll:

The porty guy only charged $1400.

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
Tell ya what, I'm rite across the river in N.J. send me $3,000.00 and I'll take care of that bastard. Him and his Mersedes.
Italain style.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
i bet the "Reputable cleaner" charged 3-5 bucks a foot to "lightly steam clean the rug" look at the waste water in the video not only was it not very dirty but all the lint on top is because the likely didn't prevac the rug first and they sure the hell didn't dust the rug

F'n Hacks!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
My thoughts exactly.

Truly reputable rug cleaners must be throwing their hands up in frustration all over the country.

Take care,
Lisa

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
rhyde said:
i bet the "Reputable cleaner" charged 3-5 bucks a foot to "lightly steam clean the rug" look at the waste water in the video not only was it not very dirty but all the lint on top is because the likely didn't prevac the rug first and they sure the hell didn't dust the rug

F'n Hacks!

And probably didn't do a dye test, I bet they bled after he left with his porty.

Unbelievable.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
truckmount girl said:
My thoughts exactly.

Truly reputable rug cleaners must be throwing their hands up in frustration all over the country.

Take care,
Lisa

It's a good thing we have none of those around here!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Hmmm, 52 complaints in 36 months. Don't we have a member here with similar numbers? Now who was that again? !gotcha!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
danielc said:
Ask Greg Cole about spotted carpet needing extra work meaning no one gets the coupon price unless they haggle and the customer doesn't budge. Then the job is done in warp speed and on to the next.

* Heavily Soiled or Spotted Carpet may require additional cleaning. * Berber carpets will only be dry-cleaned.
*All living rooms/dining room combinations & rooms exceeding 14' x 15' will count as 2 rooms. * A flight of stairs is equivalent to one room. * Scented deodorizers available at an additional charge * Truck Mount is available upon request when placing appointment. A $3 fuel charge will be added to all invoices.

If only that were true- I would have retired Long ago.....
A large portion of our jobs just get the coupon special. I learned long ago that the nickels, dimes , and quarter = dollars. I still to this day stop to pick pennies off the ground. somewhat amus
What the actual job goes for is inconsequential at this point. It's the job average that matters.
It's the mentality in our business that you have to go for the kill everytime that perpetuates customer being ripped off. Owner operators do it too! The brag bout the .95 a square they got out of a customer only to charge a different customer only .45 or .25 . Sure, They always have an escuse as to why it was different.

What Lisa brought to light was ALARMING to me. I actually made everyone of our contractors in both markets watch that link this morning.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
truckmount girl said:
My thoughts exactly.

Take care,
Lisa

Watching the new guy drag is wand across it made me want to scream! Imagin the dirt he would have gotten in a total submersion!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom