Search engine optimization questions.

I know this has probably been on here a few times but I thought I would revisit the subject. I have a new website, www.steamvan.com and I am not reconized by google yet. It has been live since January 2010. I have talked to a couple of people who specialize in search engine optimization. Their services range from 400 per month to 2200 per month to work on my google rankings and hopefully keep me on the first page. My concern is the upfront cost and not knowing what my return may be if I was on the first page. I sell most jobs if I do get the call, but the phone is not ringing as much as I would want it to. I pulled out of the yellow pages 3 years ago and am happy with that decision. I have a lot of commercial customers but really want to grow my residential market over the next couple years. I would love any input on how much I need to spend and what return I could hope to recieve. It is just hard to spend a ton of money on a hope of being on the first page. I know if I am not on the first page I will not get the calls, so it's either go all the way or dont bother for me.

Thanks,

Kevin

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Did you register for Google maps? it's an easy way to get on top especially in less competitive areas like yours.

Also what are your keywords?

Your website doesn't seem to have have much content for the search engines.

In such a less competitive area you should not need to pay for SEO.

Dave,

First, a little clarification. I work in Lewiston Idaho, Pullman Washington, and Bend Oregon with seperate vans. In Pullman I am 2nd on Google maps. In Lewiston I am a couple pages down on Google maps, and in Bend I am really far down there. Bend is the most competitive and we have not been here very long so the internet would be the fastest way to been seen.

Kevin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't see any keywords in your meta tags on the website.
The forwarding address will hurt your ratings...make sure it's "permanently forwarded" or Google doesn't like it.
You have almost no content on your front page

What did you pay to have that website built?
$400 per month is crazy for SEO.

Make sure you have your Local business account on Google, Yahoo, Ask, Bing and everywhere else.

Are you tracking the hits to your website?
You might be getting a ton of hits with no conversion...The website is a little too basic.

I can give you some suggestions.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I think Joseph is right. Put all your pages on the root, not on the "Executive_Cleaning_Services_Inc" folder and name your main page "index.html. Then get on google webmaster and create a sitemap, google will index very fast.

Albert

G

Your on page seo is very poor. It's true from above that your home page redirects from http://www.steamvan.com to http://www.steamvan.com/Executive_Clean ... rvices.htm
Your key words are going after States, rather than areas, you have hardley any content. Your site is indexed by Google, but with all the problems it's doesn't exist. I can quote you by the areas you want, and tell you what you can expect. If you want a no strings attached free market analysis visit my website.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
To climb on Google maps it helps to build local credibility.

You do that with client reviews, registering on local directories that are indexed by Google and joining membership groups such as the BBB.

In competitive areas in usually is easier to climb a high map listing that a website listing.

Also, by being listed in several directories your company will have more web presence.

Just build a couple of directories each month.

You will need a separate dedicated phone number and business address for each area to avoid a spanking from Google.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom