Secrets of Building Your Business

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
I know probably going to get a response by Odin on this. But, have my reservation in for the Secrets of Building your Business conference in January in Houston and was wondering if anyone else was going. Should be a good conference and will be worth seeing the lineup. Just curious as to who all will be going. 8)

Mikey P

Administrator
I think you could learn more by attending MFest.

Those 3 know it alls wont be available for chit chat over a keg of Coors Light until the wee hours of the night.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
ODIN said:
There are no real secrets to building your business

sure there is it's called work...... shhh don't tell anyone else

Do a web search for "How to build a million dollar business" and you'll get hundreds of web sites from carpet cleaning, medical transport to stay at home moms all selling you the secretes to making millions and most look oddly familiar

Here are a few links

http://www.milliondollartransportation.net/

http://bobleduc.com/highprofit.html

http://www.mommymillionaire.com/

http://www.markijlal.com/archives/how_t ... _michigan/

http://www.knockoutmarketing.com/

http://www.galaxymall.com/business/success/manuals.html

Here’s the one you want if you want to teach other how to be millionaires

http://www.nsanewengland.com/page.asp?PageID=1814

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Odin,

you could be next

TheOneProspWeb.jpg

CleanEvo

Seems to me people go to these things looking for the magical secret that will make their business grow. At the end of the day you have to find something that works for you and sets you apart from the herd...don't follow the herd.

rhyde is right...HARD WORK is what it takes. here's a few others... Doing the best job you can...ALWAYS...regardless of the $$$ involved, good customer service and keeping in touch with your customers. And let's not forget that having teeth helps.

diamond brian

Steve Toburen has the answer: Make cheerleaders and the rest will follow.

I have always done this intuitively. The difficult part is getting your/my techs to do it when we're not around!

I'll be at SFS in January.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
"Intuitively".

You are dead on, Brian. If the OWNER of a small service business does not instinctively make Cheerleaders than something is seriously wrong with him or her. (Sheer terror of not being able to pay the bills always drove me!) The challenge is adding employees and yes- we do address this at SFS.

It will be a pleasure to have you at our January 21-25 class, Brian. Don't wait too long to sign up as this location/date fills very fast. Call Parthavi or Tina at 800-400-9473.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training and Internet Recruiter
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS I agree with all the points above about hard work being necessary. (I worked pretty darned hard in my business.) But frankly, most of the carpet cleaners out there today are WORKING pretty darn hard and yet are not remotely what anyone would call "successful". Hmmm, maybe there are some "secrets" out there and if so, are they worth two days of your time to learn them?

BTW, I'm not "competing" here with MF or any other educational opportunity. Why does it have to always be "either-or"? They all are valuable. Heck, Sioux and I may just drop in on the Santa Cruz gathering if we can!

Quite a few SFS graduates have asked about the new "Retiring Wealthy" seminar. They may be thinking is this just going to be retreaded SFS stuff? Valid question. Here are a few reasons why SFS members (who already have been exposed to a massive amount of management information) may want to attend:

NOTE: I am getting paid the same to present whether 10 people or 1,000 show up so I have no direct financial incentive to promote this program. But I do believe in it- or I would not do it.

1. Michael Gerber did not teach your SFS class. Sure, we talked about Gerber in class and SFS is based partly on his concepts. But the man isn't getting any younger. Why not see the guy who started it all before he retires from the road?

2. Howard Partridge did not teach your SFS class. Howard actually is a SFS member from waaaay back and combined what he learned from us along with a wealth of industry experience learned from his own very successful operation and has many strategies that complement SFS. (I plan to be taking notes during Howard's sessions so I can stea ... I mean learn from him.) I suggest you do the same.

3. Steve Toburen DID teach your SFS class. (I've been involved in every one unless there is a bootleg SFS copy out there I don't know about.) While you will hear some echoes of my SFS concepts I am preparing new presentations for the "Retiring Wealthy" seminar. And hey, don't tell me you can't use some refresher ideas! Nobody can remember all of SFS after one sitting. (If you doubt me just check with six time SFS attendee Aaron Steinblock!)

I guess what I like about this opportunity is we are focusing on just one thing- Building Your Business to be Able to Retire Wealthy. sure, indirectly this is what our entire five days at SFS is all about. But we don't have the time to hone in on how to retire from the sale of your company. This will be one topic I will address in Houston.

If any SFS member (or anyone else) has any questions on the "Retiring Wealthy" seminar e-mail me or call me at 816-255-2939. Sioux and I are temporarily in Kansas City right now taking care of her ailing 84 year old parents and I'm happy to talk with you.

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Doug,

My wife and I are both going.

I am certainly not going in hopes of finding any kind of magic bullet. I've never believed in magic. I'm actually not going for the Michael Gerber session, though I'm sure it will be enjoyable and I will learn something from him. In all honesty, I'm going for the Toburen-Partridge session. I'm still living off of the wheel barrow loads of money that I've made through ideas shared by Toburen back in 1998 at SFS. So in a way I guess I'm going because I can afford to go.

For me it's a matter of wanting to continue to learn while my mind still has the capacity to absorb new information. One other real good reason to go is that Terry is against going. Hey Terry what stock would you recommend not buying? lol.

Ivan

Cameron1

Steve.......you talked me into it

Caryn and I will be there. Kinda of been thinking about it anyway , plus the timing fits right in with my current plan for retirement.

Steve,
thanks for the #............. I will try and reach you tomorrow.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
I should be in working on the "Retiring Wealthy" program all day, Steve.

I truly believe this whole issue of building a business so it becomes your "retirement vehicle" is the biggest challenge facing the industry today. So I am really throwing myself into this assignment.

IB

PS Give my best to Caryn. I will be nice to see her again. (OK, you too I guess.)

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Ivan,

The formal program on Saturday that Howard and I are sharing will be ending at 5:00 PM. We are both cramming so much information into our sections I doubt there will be much time for Q & A. HOWEVER ...

ICS (and Jon-Don too as exclusive sponsor) is hosting a genuine Texas BBQ at Howard's facility on Friday night after Michael Gerber's presentation. I'll be there and my guess is Howard will be too!

Steve

PS In addition, my plane doesn't leave Bush International till 9:00 PM Saturday night so I will stay as late as I can. (I have no idea how long it takes to get to the airport from the hotel.) We can get a group of us together and have a real bull session. My wing man Jeff Cutshall will be there and he can be designated driver to the airport!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom