SEO price

Kipp

Name
kip
Tough question to answer in depth...

I'm paying about $450 a month

I'm targeting 6 cities for carpet, tile, upholstery services

Services are a mix of niche backlinks, high pr backlinks, web 2.0, blogging, citations, etc...

I get a weekly report of all work completed and I get a monthly report showing how all our keywords are ranking vs previous month

I hire my own contractors for all my SEO, web, design work so I avoid alot of the mark up...hire a local SEO company and the price would be at least double if not more...

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Tough question to answer in depth...

I'm paying about $450 a month

I'm targeting 6 cities for carpet, tile, upholstery services

Services are a mix of niche backlinks, high pr backlinks, web 2.0, blogging, citations, etc...

I get a weekly report of all work completed and I get a monthly report showing how all our keywords are ranking vs previous month

I hire my own contractors for all my SEO, web, design work so I avoid alot of the mark up...hire a local SEO company and the price would be at least double if not more...

Just curious who do you use and are getting good results for your money spent?

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
What you may pay is going to be determined by a few things but the company you choose should look at a few things first.

How well is your site going to convert? You can pay for all the SEO in the world but if your site sucks it isn't going to convert prospects into callers. This is going to become more important as things progress in the internet world, don't rely on places or the 7 pack.

After you determine whether or not your site will convert they have to look at the structure and see if the code is SEO friendly. Is the content good and is it optimized properly but not keyword stuffed. It is pretty amazing what a few changes will do for your website, right Russ?

Did you use someone else before? If so and if you fell off the face of the internet it can very expensive to get you back on, whether that is trying to fix what the other company did or if that means starting over with a new domain.

If you live in a major metro area with a lot of competition you can expect to pay a little more. The more services you are going after the more you can expect to pay as well.

Don't get caught up so much in how many links you're getting. You can get 10,000 backlinks to your site for relatively very cheap, but those aren't the types of links you want. So refrain from buying link packages that you give a specific number of links because you or that company have no real way of gauging what it is going to do for you.

Lastly - make sure your site is tablet and mobile friendly.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Part of the story is we lump them all into one big pile "seo".

Well, some are great at graphic design and stink at seo and vice versa.
Very few know how to write custom code.

So i guess just have to find the right fit for you...

Reactions: Russ T. and Hoody
Name
Jesse
There is a range of SEO packages and prices. If you are thinking of getting involved, you probably don't want to go for the cheapest. I personally do my own SEO and have had decent results using basic on-page SEO techniques as outlined in the Beginner's Guide to SEO by Moz and I also use the WordPress SEO plugin.. Expect to pay more for more keywords and if you are in a more competitive market, you will need more backlinks which can drive the price up as well, especially for quality ones. Quality companies often charge a decent amount, but if you can get to page 1 and come out ahead it can be justified. If you are looking to hire a company, be sure that they help you to pick the right keywords to target as without this crucial step, you may get to page 1 for a word that has no traffic and doesn't convert! To me, you cannot just compare prices across the board with this service but really talk to different SEO companies and if you seem to have a good relationship with them, they seem smart, the price seems reasonable, give it a go?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
What you may pay is going to be determined by a few things but the company you choose should look at a few things first.

How well is your site going to convert? You can pay for all the SEO in the world but if your site sucks it isn't going to convert prospects into callers. This is going to become more important as things progress in the internet world, don't rely on places or the 7 pack.

After you determine whether or not your site will convert they have to look at the structure and see if the code is SEO friendly. Is the content good and is it optimized properly but not keyword stuffed. It is pretty amazing what a few changes will do for your website, right Russ?

Did you use someone else before? If so and if you fell off the face of the internet it can very expensive to get you back on, whether that is trying to fix what the other company did or if that means starting over with a new domain.

If you live in a major metro area with a lot of competition you can expect to pay a little more. The more services you are going after the more you can expect to pay as well.

Don't get caught up so much in how many links you're getting. You can get 10,000 backlinks to your site for relatively very cheap, but those aren't the types of links you want. So refrain from buying link packages that you give a specific number of links because you or that company have no real way of gauging what it is going to do for you.

Lastly - make sure your site is tablet and mobile friendly.

I think it's kinda obvious...talk to Hoody!

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Hire someone who is full time at this.

Ask the following questions
1. Will you explain and document what you are doing? I want a spread sheet of all directories i am listed on maintained. I also want a spread sheet of all social sites log on info. I insist I am a manager also of all social sites.

2. How are you educating yourself?

3. What national meetings or peer groups are you participating in? I want someone who is investing in them selves.

4. Do you give monthly status up date? most use the same program and send you the results.

5. Do you sub contract your link building? i do not allow on my sites, i allowed some one 6 years ago to do my SEO they bought links in bulk those links are now penalizing my domain. Thanks google and a unnamed bulletin board owner.

6, Do you own all domains, websites, blogs and social sites? I want this in writing and i have all access codes and log ons at all times. I fired a guy from Florida. I had all log ons. I went on all sites and major directories on Sunday change the access and fired him on Monday.

7. Will your SEO service provider help educate you on the process? SEO is a partnership to get the most out of it you must learn to be a good customer to help the process.

8. Pay some one for this!!!!! This is a full time job to be done right in the beginning and weekly hours to maintain and monitor. Ask your self do you want to run a service company that sells carpet cleaning services or do SEO for a living you can't do both well.

9. Start up for a good provider is $3000-$5000 if you have nothing up and running. If you have social sites and you have your spread sheets should be cheaper for some one to get started. Web site and social header art set up $1000 - $2500 for our industry.

10. If you ask someone to start documenting and to give you this info and they won't insist you get it. Get it and then fire them. Transparency is the key in a good working relationship. If some one does not have it immediately they are not tracking and they are not doing a good job for you.

If you are looking for a good company I can direct you to someone and tell you a few to stay away from.

This is too important of a issue to not be focusing on it for new work each month.

Ron K

Would you work with an SEO Company who is also doing SEO for your Competition?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Would you work with an SEO Company who is also doing SEO for your Competition?

Absolutely not - it becomes a money game then. Who is going to pay more to rank and in my opinion the only person that wins is the SEO company. I've had to turn town work several times - the only time I even consider it if one is strictly carpet cleaning and the other company is strictly restoration. Even then, whoever my client is I contact them and make sure they are okay with that situation. It has turned out well in the few instances it has happened because the carpet cleaner has a good restoration company to refer and the restoration company has the cleaner to help with extractions, upholstery, and other post clean up details.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom