SEO question

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I don't trade links with anyone who does'nt have a link from their home page to their links page.

It does'nt seem that google would catch it otherwise.

Am I right in assumming this?

thanks,

Albert

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you trade a link with someone IE: your link on their site and their link on your site....Google knows it and doesn't like it.
Not gonna hurt but not gonna help either.

If they have the same domain name on their links page, Google might catch it depending on how the site was submitted and whether or not the links page was crawled.

Your best bet is to try to get your link on another company's site without having to return the favor.
Link exchanges used to work...not so much now.

Remember, Google changes daily. lol

ErikG

You want one wy links any ways , forum post with anchor text, and articles my frind with anchor text then ping them , and then after you do the article thing then use social networks squidoo and face book redd it etc.. that will get you started better than trading links .

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I get a lot of requests to trade links. They usually put me on theirs and ask that I do the same. Most of them are 3 ways so I'm not directly exchanging. However I don't trade with a lot of them for different reasons (not relevant, no link on their home page to link page, not rated by google...ect.).

I too agree that proper link exchanging is important. Maybe not as much as it used to be but if done right I doubt it would hurt.

BTW, I'm up for some 3 way trading if anyone's interested. I think their all ranked 2 and they are all relevant.

www.crystalcd.com
www.crystalstonecare.com
www.loveyourfloors.com

Albert

latinguy2004

I have to agree with Brian on this one.

Link exchanges don't have nearly as big as an impact as a one-way link.

Meaning the website is linking to you but you're not linking back directly. With that being said, link exchanges won't hurt you, unless you are exchanging links with a site full of spam or malware.

I have gotten a lot of sites to the first page of Google and I have never done a link exchange with anyone. I've done it with a combination of good ON-page SEO and high quality one-way links.

Another reason I don't do any link exchanges is because everytime you link out of your website you are leaking what is called "link-juice". Everytime you build a backlink to your site, you are building up your link juice. Ideally, you want to keep all that link-juice within your site and not pass it off to any other sites.

Hopefully that makes sense and wasn't too "geeky".

Andres Tobar
SFS.Jon-Don.com

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
One big one is just getting your name...or website really...out into the internet world in the important places.

Remembering to fill THOSE profiles out completely AND getting reviews on those sites seems to be the most important for Google to pay attention to your local listing.

I've given up on Dallas...I don't have that amount of time or know-how and It's just not that important to me.
I will be hitting the smaller areas north of Dallas (better work anyway) and Waaaaaay easier to get noticed without much effort.

Uh, like Fred sed...again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom