Seriously........Redux

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
[I need a good......no, great pre-spray that will disolve grease on a resturant tile floor. I checked one out today, and the Viper venoms, the Grease eraser, the Citrus Solve ain't gonna cut it. I need something that will ABSOLUTELY disolve the grease before I put the SX12 to it. I don't want to hear about something you heard about.....I need answers from a cleaner that really cleans ass-nasty greasy kitchen floors.]

Thanks to all that have answers.

I posted this 2 weeks ago about greasy grout cleaning. I got good advice from you'ins. I tried an Enzyme pre-spray...HOT. It really didn't make much of a dent in this greasy grout. I was able to peel up the grease from the grout with a flat blade. I had a tile setter look at it today to be sure it wasn't old sealer I was peeling up. His answer to me......fatty resturant greases will, over time, deteriorate cementuous grout, as if you were using a strong acid. (the grout under the grease peel was rough and was breaking down) Now, this tile is well over 20 years old and has never been professionally cleaned....just slopped and mopped. I just might step back from this job, because the tile setter says I should probably peel up the greasy grout lines, clean it well, and the grout lines should be re-grouted with an epoxy grout to bring the grout back up to level with the tile.

Any T&G pros her with any helpful comments???

joe harper

Name
joe harper
RW...

Are you using any type of agitation...like a 175...?

Lay down "FLOOR STRIPPER"...heavy...lots of DWELL..."mop It ON"...!

We add "sodium percarbonate" to boost the PH...!

maybe ...Brian Cannon...will chime in...He has LOTS of experiance with this situation.. :!:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I use red max pro stripper from lowes........been using it for a real long time..everything I have put it on it has never let me down............for the real bad ones I mix it half and half.....everything else I just use a few quarts to 2 gallons of water............I pour it on the floor and take a stiff push broom and scrub it in.......and start working it around....as a stripper it sucks.....but as a cleaner it is the best I have ever used....

price wise you cant beat it....5 gallons for $30.00 and it goes a long way.......

pour it on.get the floor good and wet and work it around

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom