Serv pro using standard refrigerant dehus?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
vy3y8y8a.jpg

Taken today in KENNESAW ga
My crews just got them kicked off the job. You would imagine they would require their franchises to use current equipment??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Old Ebac BD-80, it works but it has a hard start compressor that can be problematic. It couldn't have been designed for this industry from the design. It's very awkward to move.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The insurance companies don't care, they're happy they are using those things so the bill will be a whopping $1k for a job that should be 5-10 times more.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had half a dozen of them back in the early 90's. A Drizair 110 kicked the sheeet out of them back then.

It couldn't compare to a modern dehumidifier.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
how do you get kicked off a job?? last time that happened to me I told the farmers adjuster look if you tell the customer service master is taking over, I am suing you PERSONALLY and farmers for tortious interference, basically interfering with a contract. it costs me $50 bucks to file a small claims suit up to 10 grand. I can tell you this without a doubt if the adjuster would have followed through on what he was going to do. a lawsuit would have been filed possibly by the end of that same day. I am sick of bully tactics when it comes to insurance companies and adjusters. If they want to play like that I am going to respond. those EBAC dehus where shit I used them back in the 90's I am not sure they really pulled much water basically they looked good and made noise so the company I worked for got to charge for it.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Actually they crew chief followed our company's protocol. I would like to say I created it but my business partner in the restoration company did. We were called out by the homeowners father. We arrived and immediately took measurements. The dehu didn't process enough pints per day. The tech handed a copy of the s500 and had the customer help him run the formula. Explained about LGRS. Customer called servpro and told then to get their stuff. He called the adjuster and yelled at him for sending an ill equipped and out dated company to his house! Lol. The very first dehu I bought in 1994 was that exact model ebac. Takes up space in a corner of our warehouse. Lol
We

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
The fun part back then was we bought those pretty blue metal stands so we could put the 5 gallon bucket under the dehu. Problem was on the second day the bucket didn't have much water so we thought it was dry. Then we were told to skip the bucket and run the drain hose to the toilet. That way we didn't know it wasn't pulling anymore water.

always wonder why we call them the good old days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom