service area

Name
Ron lippold
So how big is you service area, how far do you have to go to catch the type of client you want. I know becker only travels 2 blocks but Im not that lucky. I have about a 75 mile circle that i cover.

-JB-

Name
JB
50 Miles here, unless its from a really good referral source, ya know?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Within 5 miles in any direction of the house is my marketing area. A referral from a current customer up to 25 miles 1 way for a complete house not a 2 or 3 roomer. :roll:

steve r

i say 50 miles but rarely more than 10 but i have friends in the chicago area (100 miles one way) who i will clean for for a tidy sum and some green.nothing but brown around here, cheap bastards!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
25 miles, but will go farther if the job is large enough to pay for the drive. A larger service area makes sense in more rural areas, as the time spent driving might be the same given a lack of congestion.

I've never understood driving far enough that the time, fuel and wear costs exceed the price of the cleaning. Refer those jobs to someone closer that will refer back to you.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
You Guys, Except JB, have it easy LOL, you have to drive 30 min to do any work here.

All The Best, Rob

TimP

I try to keep it to 20 miles. Although I'll go 50-60 if it's a whole house and pay a couple hundred. Most of my work is within 20 though.

Rex Tyus

Mine was pretty broad. I have been whittling it down lately. A 35 mile radius is about tops. It is hard to schedule profitably more than that. I refer customers outside of that. I usually know someone somewhere.

Ron, Isn't the population of Albuquerque about 500,000? Why would you have such a broad service area? Just curious. Is 75 your circumference, radius, or diameter?

Name
Ron lippold
Rex sorry about that

yes alb is close to 800,000 but as with all over things are a little tough. most of the people are strapped and its just easier to focus on the ones that can afford to have it done right. Don't get me wrong I wont turn down a minimum but i just like the bigger jobs. 75 miles today for a little saltillio a Little ceramic a sofa 3 bed rooms and 2 rugs it will pay for a couple months of yp ads. and picked up a couple of others while I was up there.

hope thats better

KBRENNY

The furthest job I have is 38 miles and it is part of a package deal for a franchise chain. Three weeks ago I did 12 jobs in 5 days and only drove 16.8 miles total from monday morning to friday afternoon. I got real lucky that week with everyone being in my neighborhood.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom