Service CEO vs Service monster

C

clean image

Ok,

any one out there using service CEO

I bought the software 1 1/2 year ago, and my ex OM didn't learn it, since we have a custom access database that works for the most part

the learning curve seams a little steep, but otherwise a good program

i see everyone like service monster

can you pull past customers in service monster by "date last completed" for mailings for 1yr maintenance

i want to finialize my decision on database and don't want to waste my time learning a program to find out it's overcomplicated or other reasons.

I want to try to keep it simple

carl

Gary T

Check out Vazing, by Insight Direct the makers of ServiceCeo. It is fairly new, and new modules are being added all the time. I actually like it better than SM although their marketing module is not up to par with SM, it will be soon. I switched from ServiceCeo last month.

www.vazing.com

C

clean image

how's it going Gary

did you get any credit switching, like i have 3 tech hour credits

there marketing side does look a little soft

like QB customer contact doesn't do,

I need to be able to send letters by customers last completion date

thanks for input

carl

Name
Kevin McCreary
Service CEO is expensive and expensive to update. They also can not do mailings for you,
and they are not as smart about carpet cleaning.

Service Monster is so easy to use my 68 year old mom learned it twice.
She cant even send me a text message.
(it was dramatically improved from the early version she learned)
There Data is just standard data compatible with excel or what ever data programs
are out there. So if you didn't want it anymore take your data somewhere else.

One huge thing I want everyone to know about service monster, They Listen!
If there is something it wont do they will make a way to do it.
If you came up with an improvement or good idea, Joe is all ears.
I have actually seen an Idea or two from the users of the program, including me, become
part of the program. They want to be the best program available. So if you call them and say
why wont your program do this? (with in reason) They will tell you it does and how to do it
or they will take some notes and see if it makes sense to add it.
Just my personal experience.
Will Service CEO do that????????
My guess is NO!

They also keep improving it all the time but the price stays the same!
I think if they come up with a new and improved Service CEO or Quickbooks or what ever else
is out there, they will want you to pay for the improvements.

You really are missing the boat with out it, ask anyone who has it.

Gary T

With Vazing you will be able to send mail etc. As I said, it is still new. It is a per use pay tier, so if you are a small outfit or owner/operator it will be cheaper than the other stuff. As of now there is no mailing and the marketing is weak, but they are headed in the right direction. Since it is web based, all upgrades are free. The nice thing is, you can turn off modules that you don't need or use.

Carl, I'm working on the credit with Insight Direct, not sure which way it will go. I'll let you know.

C

clean image

thanks for the replies guys,

I forgot to mention carpet is less than 5% of my biz, so my client based marketing is a little more complex.

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

With SM can you send letters/ postcards by specific date range (customers that had completed jobs 10-11 months ago AND has not had any tile and grout work done since then) AND certain criteria (like i don't want to send a tile and grout maintenance cleaning letter to up keep a grout warranty to a carpet cleaning or stone restoration job?

Can it do that?

thanks

carl

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You can customize your forms but as far as I know, if you want to send an individual letter then you have to print it out and send it yourself.
I believe this is part of the "coming soon" stuff they have listed on the website.

The thing with SM is it's made for carpet cleaning, it's simple, Quality customer corrispondence, it's online (so it's everywhere), customizable...and great customer service like Kevin said.

By the way Kevin, I am Mr. June appearantly. :D

I keep saying it, my company has been a little more streamlined by having Service Monster...and hopefully it will only get better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom