Service Magic

Amazing

Thumbs down!

I few weeks ago I signed up.

Got the call to activate.

They wanted $100.00 to start, I said no.

They did it for free.

Matches are $12-16

Set up the site..

Started getting texts, called all right away. ( secs really )

out of 12 matches I was able to talk to 2 people.

One booked a nice sized job, the other said they were remodeling 1st, and would not be ready for over 2 months. ( text state ready to hire.)

All others I could never get ahold of anyone, and no replies to emails sent as well.

Anyone score with Service Magic.

Now Service magic is calling wanting to know how they dropped the ball.. LOL

Can't dispute a connection just because they are not ready to hire.

The service blows IMO..

A

amazingcleansc

you have to be very price competative with those guys to get a job. because they WILL call the other two and if you arent the lowest, you lose.

Amazing

No price was listed...

Text comes in on iphone.. I click the number link and call.

No one ever answers.

I dont know..

I'd try it longer is they cut the fee sharply.

They say, it is up to me to sell myself.

Well I cant sell my self if no one answers on the other end..

Amazing

I might give it another whirl if they cut the fee seems to be nego..

Then cut my zip codes.

dgargan

Don't give up so soon. It's a numbers game. Yes there is a fair share of price shoppers buyt can still be worth it. On average I talk to only 3 out of 10 leads buy I stll get a 4 to 1 return . The other 2 companies in my area are half my price so even if the book more they are not as proffitable[hidepost:mm0u2a37][/hidepost:mm0u2a37]

A

amazingcleansc

yeah they dont explain to people that you are paying for that.

think about what SERVICE MAGIC gets. $11 per lead times 3 contractors, no matter what.

thats whats crazy to me.

a better alternative wouldnt be bad.

A

amazingcleansc

dgargan said:
Don't give up so soon. It's a numbers game. Yes there is a fair share of price shoppers buyt can still be worth it. On average I talk to only 3 out of 10 leads buy I stll get a 4 to 1 return . The other 2 companies in my area are half my price so even if the book more they are not as proffitable[hidepost:eek:ik2ekl8][/hidepost:eek:ik2ekl8]

I've gotten TWO 200 plus tickets from them in the last 2 months. probably paid them half of that but got a few tinier jobs.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
amazingcleansc said:
yeah they dont explain to people that you are paying for that.

think about what SERVICE MAGIC gets. $11 per lead times 3 contractors, no matter what.

thats whats crazy to me.

a better alternative wouldnt be bad.

I might know of one. :mrgreen: Ok...no plug here :wink:

Service Magic is a "get lucky" kind of program. I still say it can work for the owner operator that catches the calls and can deal well with price shoppers....tough bill.

One thing with Service Magic that seemed to happen to me....
I have a Blackberry......emails to my phone are instant because of a certain APP that Blackberry has.
When they emailed me...I would push one button, scroll to the number and press talk....

We are talking seconds from the time I got the email until the potential customer's phone starts ringing.

I still had customers say they went with the guy who called before me :shock: :shock: :shock:

Moral of this story is there system must lag or there is a certain order the emails go out??? Who knows.

I just didn't feel like I was getting a fair shake...and I had know way of knowing it.

This is a big reason why it works for some and not others ...In my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom