Service Monster and a Mac

Walt

I thought it wouldn't be a problem with running a mac on service monster since it uses a web browser to do all the work. Unfortunately you have to use IE 6 - 8. Internet Explorer is supported on the mac after version 5. Which doesn't work right on service monster.

Anybody find a work around for this that works? I've tried a few short of installing windows on my mac. They are working on it as well, but I am anxious to get started.

Walt

Chris Muetterties said:
I was blown away by SM that they only support the worst browser on the market :0(

It was almost a deal breaker, but I'd already purchased in and convinced every one it was a good idea. So I'm committed.

Anyway I ended up creating a Windows XP virtual machine on top of the mac os. Works very well since the mac uses intel chips. So now I can run any windows application on my mac.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah this is a HUGE pain for us to. We just purchased iMacs for the business come to find out Service Monster does not work!!

They need to make it work with other browsers, hands down.

They told me at connections that all other browsers combined only add up too 5% of the market.

Do you believe that ?

KC OHanlon

The browser report for the last six months on my website shows:

53% Explorer
27% Firefox
30% Safari

Two years ago it was:

76% Exlorer
15% Firefox
9% Safari

These software guys has better be watching these trends.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom