Service Monster on an IPAD?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Still waiting on that update myself...

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Yes! You can run ServiceMonster on the iPad.

*** ATTN: This is not officially supported ***

There is an inexpensive iPad app (the name escapes me now, but it's like GoToMyPC) which will allow you to dial into your PC from the iPad and run ServiceMonster.

I know of 3 customers that are doing this with good results

danbrown

I use a program called Log me in http://www.logmein.com on the PC side (30 day free trial), and then use Log Me In Ignition on the Ipad ($30.00), to remotely access my desktop and use servicemonster as normal. Ive only had the 3g/wifi version for about 2 weeks now and it is SUPER SLICK! There's a little bit of lag, but that is the only negative I have found.

This has allowed me to go paperless with estimates/invoices, and within the next few weeks I'll be trying to move all my scheduling over to servicemonster as well, finally getting rid of paper all together. (pic taken with my Iphone....im such a nerd....)

IMG_0309.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've used Logmein before...Gotomypc is way better but more expensive.

I haven't used much paper lately except for the Techs print out the route packet...does that count?

danbrown

Ipad doesn't support Internet Explorer or flash, so you simply can't run servicemonster without doing something like this (at this point anyway).

I searched and wasn't able to find a gotomypc app, so I'm assuming they haven't released one yet.

Brian, so you're saying you haven't put an Ipad on all your "trucks" yet?? :twisted: I'll count it....

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You guys that run paperless.

Do you just email the pdf invoice to the client?

The bottom of the invoice has a signature line, what do you write on there so when the client gets the invoice it says paid? I just checked on a paid invoice order before printing it doesn't say paid on the actual invoice itself.

Just wondering as I'd also like to go that route.

danbrown

Getting their email address is one of the first questions that I'm asking. When you go to print the invoice it has an option for email, if you've already put the address in the main account screen, it will auto-populate it.

I usually only ask for a signature when a credit card has been used, and they only need to sign the slip that comes out of my CC machine anyway.... I suppose you could edit a different invoice format to say PAID in the disclaimer area or something like that, and then it would only be a pull down menu away from sending a paid invoice instead.

The different one would be under "print style".

Bruce Parsons

We are paperless, and have been for about a little over a year or so. It sometimes can be a pain ( connection lost), but in the end it's worth it. We use SM, and man would it be cool to have it on the I-Pad!

We use a HP Mini 300 from Verizon and have it synchronized with a compatible blue tooth printer in the truck. Before we ran SM we were using Camelot and "Go to My PC" which I would recommend highly.
It's not that expensive to run and the support from GTMPC was the best. My son has the newest "Evo" phone out, so we can use it as a "hot spot", at 4 G's it's amazingly fast.

I hope Joe works on getting SM compatible with the I-Pad, I think that will be phenomenal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom