Servicemonster discussion - split from hcp thread

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
The API and marketplace have been out for a long while. We integrate with QuickBooks desktop, authorize[dot]net (both as a gateway and as a merchant), Customer Lobby, Fittlebug, SMTP services and others.

QuickBooks Online development is complete and being tested over the next few weeks. And SM Enterprise users get direct access to the API.

Reactions: renegade_cowboy
Name
I'm Rick James
The API and marketplace have been out for a long while. We integrate with QuickBooks desktop, authorize[dot]net (both as a gateway and as a merchant), Customer Lobby, Fittlebug, SMTP services and others.

QuickBooks Online development is complete and being tested over the next few weeks. And SM Enterprise users get direct access to the API.

You mentioned with the new overhaul that you are going to include more companies to the marketplace. Do you know about how many and can you name drop any?

Name
I'm Rick James

Its making two different software programs work within each other. HCP said that they are working on a one all be all program.. totally not possible with everyones different likes and wants. Why do you think salesforce is so popular.. they realized this and now basically lets user create their own SM/HCP software with an API marketplace. I have used most all of the business software out there.. there are many good ones, but no one in all ones.. except the companies that have the most API, because we like options.

The more options you give a user the more happy they will be.. for example.. wouldn't it be nice when your customer calls, their name, info, history, email correspondence, log the call with notes and so on is all brought up automatically for whomever is answering your calls? There are many companies that already mastered this type and other types of software for running a business.. so giving the user more access to companies like that makes for a happy user and you don't have to worry about that other company taking you as their customer because they are limited too..

For me, I think the ideal software for us is one that gives us a database and allows us to add/build the options we want. That is what an API basically is.. and why its the future of software. Give us a database program that gives you access to all the other programs out there.. with a nice shell interface and you have yourself the software that will dominate the market.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Vendors contact us all the time to be added to the marketplace. Several are working on integrations others are denied due to one of several reasons including; we do not do exclusivity or MLM, they are slimy, their business model prays on the service provider.

We are looking at constant contact, mail chimp, and vertical response for marketing email integration. Also Zero, another accounting system. Also PayPal and Square for software register systems (as opposed to an in app gateway).

SM6 introduces, restoration, claims, equipment tracking, inventory, and employee time management. So Exactamate will be another one.

In 2004 we had inventory which linked directly to Interlink Supply for auto reordering. I would like to see that again with them and Jon Don.

I've talked with Hydramaster about hardware integration but that's a while out.

Really it's unlimited. I love leveraging other's resources for amazing functionality and give you guys the choice.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
for example.. wouldn't it be nice when your customer calls, their name, info, history, email correspondence, log the call with notes and so on is all brought up automatically for whomever is answering your calls? There are many companies that already mastered this type and other types of software for running a business.. so giving the user more access to companies like that makes for a happy user and you don't have to worry about that other company taking you as their customer because they are limited too.

YES YES YES

Name
I'm Rick James
Vendors contact us all the time to be added to the marketplace. Several are working on integrations others are denied due to one of several reasons including; we do not do exclusivity or MLM, they are slimy, their business model prays on the service provider.

We are looking at constant contact, mail chimp, and vertical response for marketing email integration. Also Zero, another accounting system. Also PayPal and Square for software register systems (as opposed to an in app gateway).

SM6 introduces, restoration, claims, equipment tracking, inventory, and employee time management. So Exactamate will be another one.

In 2004 we had inventory which linked directly to Interlink Supply for auto reordering. I would like to see that again with them and Jon Don.

I've talked with Hydramaster about hardware integration but that's a while out.

Really it's unlimited. I love leveraging other's resources for amazing functionality and give you guys the choice.

Constant contact, mail chimp and other services like that are very ideal. I wouldn't waste your time with interlink, jon don or HM.. its highly unlikely that a company buys solely from them. I would think hooking users up with a VOIP type system that can be logged and used within the CRM would be more beneficial. It would also need a social media interface within the crm itself and link up to the various email services so it can be viewed within the CRM too.. having most everything about the customer on one easy flow page. Customer portal and self booking is great to have with a program too.

Reactions: Russ T.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Dang I totally forgot to add phone systems. Fonality and Twillio are on the road map too. Both telephony systems.

Fair point about distributors.

Interesting side note. I was a CTI expert for a fortune 500 prior to starting SM. Developed one of the first screen-pop systems with Nortel Meridian Link ($250,000 phone system before VOIP) in 1999, lol.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
SM6 already has facebook and twitter integrations as a core feature. Drip campaigns channels include, email, calls, mail, text, facebook, and twitter

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've sent two questions in to you guys in the past three days, or so, and I've not received an answer yet. Are you too busy posting here?

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Marty,

This is the report from support.

Marty has only contacted us once, which was the Day after Thanksgiving on 11/27/15. He submitted a SM Ticket:
11/27/2015 9:32 AM: Email Ticket: [removed]

On 11/30/2015 7:47:26 AM, Tony noted: Left VM letting him know... [removed]

Today on 12/1/2015 8:07:26 AM, Tony noted: After attempting call, sent email: Hello. Your question regarding... [removed]

FredC

Village Idiot
Yes.......yes he does..............not a month goes by without him making some greatly exaggerated (bs) statement

Last edited:
Name
I'm Rick James
Dang I totally forgot to add phone systems. Fonality and Twillio are on the road map too. Both telephony systems.

Fair point about distributors.

Interesting side note. I was a CTI expert for a fortune 500 prior to starting SM. Developed one of the first screen-pop systems with Nortel Meridian Link ($250,000 phone system before VOIP) in 1999, lol.

Twilio is a good one.. Ring Central is another system to look into.

Name
I'm Rick James
SM6 already has facebook and twitter integrations as a core feature. Drip campaigns channels include, email, calls, mail, text, facebook, and twitter

That's impressive.. sounds like SM6 is going to be pretty robust. I've looked a lot at various softwares and besides features.. it comes down to interface. Imho it comes to 3 different interfaces and they are all different.. one for the tech, that deals with geo tracking, invoicing and other basic tasks.. one for the person answering the phones (call center format/call logging) and one for the owner to interact with the other 2 interfaces seamlessly and lets the owner deal with marketing, settings and other admin back end duties.

The tech interface can just be an app that pushes data to the main system that would reflect throughout the whole system. Techs are like kids, so the interface would have to be simple that a 10 year old can use it.

The call center one would focus more on routing, call escalation procedures, have basic Q & A for companies that use call centers.. and the customers profile should have all previous forms on communication tied to it.. be it facebook messages, gmail or the many other various email services and call logging. It would be nice to see a detailed log of the calls for the day, who booked, why other didn't book and so on. Plus for routing, there is a company call Ace Route that has a pretty amazing scheduler.. where all you do is push a button and it pulls up open appointments depending on where the job is located.. which would be ideal for companies that cover a huge service area.

For the owners interface it would need to be seamless with the other API it works with.. This probably isn't going to be a mobile type thing because its going to be so robust.

In my experience.. all these CRM/FSM software companies basically have one interface for the 3 different users.. which ends up making a mediocre product. The 3 different users interact with the software differently and if a company focused more on that approach, with that understanding it would make pretty much the one all be all software for small businesses. That doesn't seem like a easy task.. but that is what consumers really want. Something that fits their interactions and software that allows the owner to pick and choose various API to fit their needs.

Reactions: jkowalski

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
That's impressive.. sounds like SM6 is going to be pretty robust. I've looked a lot at various softwares and besides features.. it comes down to interface. Imho it comes to 3 different interfaces and they are all different.. one for the tech, that deals with geo tracking, invoicing and other basic tasks.. one for the person answering the phones (call center format/call logging) and one for the owner to interact with the other 2 interfaces seamlessly and lets the owner deal with marketing, settings and other admin back end duties.

The tech interface can just be an app that pushes data to the main system that would reflect throughout the whole system. Techs are like kids, so the interface would have to be simple that a 10 year old can use it.

The call center one would focus more on routing, call escalation procedures, have basic Q & A for companies that use call centers.. and the customers profile should have all previous forms on communication tied to it.. be it facebook messages, gmail or the many other various email services and call logging. It would be nice to see a detailed log of the calls for the day, who booked, why other didn't book and so on. Plus for routing, there is a company call Ace Route that has a pretty amazing scheduler.. where all you do is push a button and it pulls up open appointments depending on where the job is located.. which would be ideal for companies that cover a huge service area.

For the owners interface it would need to be seamless with the other API it works with.. This probably isn't going to be a mobile type thing because its going to be so robust.

In my experience.. all these CRM/FSM software companies basically have one interface for the 3 different users.. which ends up making a mediocre product. The 3 different users interact with the software differently and if a company focused more on that approach, with that understanding it would make pretty much the one all be all software for small businesses. That doesn't seem like a easy task.. but that is what consumers really want. Something that fits their interactions and software that allows the owner to pick and choose various API to fit their needs.

We already have CallCenter for corporate clients but it currently not available for SM5 users.

I like your thought process though. I look forward to hearing your impressions of the finished Moble3 and SM6 when they're released!

Name
I'm Rick James
We already have CallCenter for corporate clients but it currently not available for SM5 users.

I like your thought process though. I look forward to hearing your impressions of the finished Moble3 and SM6 when they're released!

Cool.. I work with a call center, so companies of all sizes could benefit from a streamlined interface..

For the last 2 years or so I spent a lot of time doing R&D looking into the various CRM/FSM software out there.. and learning during that time about the software we really need. What I wrote above is going to be the standard baseline, companies are already working towards that.

I can help you with the Beta testing if you want.. I can help you fine tune it so when its released its going to destroy the competition.

Reactions: jkowalski

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom