setting up a house acct..P.I.A.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man i am in the process of setting up a house acct with someone i use but it is like pulling teeth. being a 2 year old company i dont have much credit with the company, i pretty much always pay cash but this vendor wants 3 references. i asked the question, what if i dont have 3 house accts that i can give her to check up on..hhhmmm it is not looking good. i have a credit score of over 700 and dont have a lot of debt and didnt want a large acct set up, just 600 or so bucks to help establish my name a little more..i dont know how these guys expect anyone to ever have references if no one will extend them any without references..greenie is great about working with people but man i feel like a scumbag trying to get this taken care of..it has been like 3 weeks..
ok i am done venting.
p.s. the girl is really nice that is working on it but says her hands are tied..i wonder how many companies loose business because of things like this and dont ever know it...

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Dave,

they'll usually accept any credit reference. Have you financed any vehicles? List the people you financed through (even if it's Joe Bob's Auto Emporium). Assuming your FICO is truly north of 700 I don't see why this is a problem. My interlink distributor in Omaha extended credit to me years ago when no one else would - usually these are not difficult to line up. I wouldn't be nasty about this, but I would change your approach a little. Expect that they will make this work for you. If they can't, make them explain themselves to you. You are credit worthy - they need to recognize this. It can be a subtle thing, but somebody is always in charge. It might as well be you.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
they said they needed house accts only. not credit card accts or loans..
i have been really nice and patient with her and not short at all but am getting a little frustrated with the entire thing..
i am always really patient and give everyone the benefit of the situation till it gets to be a pain in the ass..then i change a little..
the sad thing is that i have been buying from this company for a few years so it is not like i am some new guy or something..
oh well
dave

Josh Adler

if you have been buying from them for awhile and always pay with cash on time and they still dont trust you it may not be a supplier i would like to do business with.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
i have been really nice and patient with her and not short at all but am getting a little frustrated with the entire thing..

Does that tell anyone else that she was being short and not nice and patient??
I'm just saying.

Becker

Name
Becker
I agree with Greg.

just 600 or so bucks to help establish my name a little more

I don't understand this statement.

I have been in business for 16 plus years in 2 locations. I have never asked for a house account. I had been granted accounts, but never used them.

If you really want an account just ask for one. If they don't give it to ya then start charging everything on your CC. you will get what you want, and the company will have to pay fees. Ha Ha.

When did suppliers become banks? I see no reason for house accounts. My supplliers have my credit card on file, or they take my check at the counter.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Becker said:
I agree with Greg.

just 600 or so bucks to help establish my name a little more

I don't understand this statement.

I have been in business for 16 plus years in 2 locations. I have never asked for a house account. I had been granted accounts, but never used them.

If you really want an account just ask for one. If they don't give it to ya then start charging everything on your CC. you will get what you want, and the company will have to pay fees. Ha Ha.

When did suppliers become banks? I see no reason for house accounts. My supplliers have my credit card on file, or they take my check at the counter.

when you pay cash for everything you dont establish a credit score, that helps buy more equipment and helps the company grow. i pretty much pay cash for everything but as we grow and need to add our 3rd truck at some point i want to let the business run itself and pull my money out of it. we are only 2 yrs in and have 2 trucks on the road.
as far as suppliers being a bank, i dont understand why having a net 15 or net 30 is being a bank. i bill many of my customers for many reasons one being a convenience to them, i dont feel like a bank. cool that you have been in business for 16 yrs with 2 locations and did it all with cash...in 16 yrs i hope to be doing as well or even retired.
many suppliers dont keep your c.c. number on file so if i need one of my guys to call in a order i need to then give him the c.c. ot work it out somehow..it is just for ease of doing business and establashing a credit pattern for my business.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't think a supplier is going to report to any credit bureau.
If they did, then they WOULD be a bank.

using your credit card would build your credit where as an account would not...Unless they have an outside "bank" funding the account.
where I go, they will set up an account but an outside lender pays the store while the lender bills the customer.

Brad_Smith

Jondon and interlink both have no interest for 6 month cards. I use my jon don all the time. It's great cause you can order in your underwear and not waste time stopping by some store.

Becker

Name
Becker
I dont have 2 locations.

I've been in 2 locations in all those years.

I don't blame suppliers for not having accounts. I'd not group you into the bunch, but seems many CCer don't like to pay thier bills per agreed.

Lots of ways to pay without a house account. "Cash" bank account with CC ( debit visa logo ) for such purchases.

I'm sure they will come around. A house account will not improve your credit score.

It's great cause you can order in your underwear and not waste time stopping by some store.
I think I posed this same thing months ago.

Yep I did.

Post subject: I wonder if guys at JON DON ----Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:15 pm

---- are bothered when I do my shopping for supplies and chems in my underwear?

Got to love the online ordering, and local pick up.

of course when I head into the local store I'm fully dressed.

I think I must have passed ya in the entry today Jamie, I saw the Capital truck in the parking lot.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I would get a business CC (this is what I do) and pay the bill in full every month and be done with it

I don't have a house account at any supplier

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have accounts with some suppliers diesel, gas, prochem of NE and it is backed by my credit card on file. I get a bill and I pay it if I don't they can charge my card. simple

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have a house account or equivalent with every company I deal with. Jon Don, Powerclean, Greenie, Joe, My Local supplier, My main chemical supplier. I charge nothing. They never deny me credit regardless or amount. Just send me a bill. I'll pay ya.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
it all went through just fine a few days ago..i know that a house acct wont raise my credit score..it is over 700 so i dont think i need it much higher.. i was talking about more for the ease of doing business locally..i.e. house accts where my guys can go get what they need and me not having to be called or be involved at that exact second to take care of the bill..just send it and we pay it..problem is most companies want some sort of history before they extend that to you..i dont want my personal finances and credit mixed in with my business finances any more than needed..
dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom