Shaw industry and CRI

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I have and account that we picked up almost a year ago. Carpet was installed almost 2 years ago. we are the second cleaner they have used. They have not be happpy with the carpet from the begining. Heavy traffic soiling in the main employee use and to up stair common area. out side is asphalt. carpet is nylon. and i have cleaned three times .

first i use o2 and acid rinse

next i used priemer TLC 11 ph acid rinse

last time TLC with Dry slurry

TLC worked really good at the low rate. boosted with citri solv product.

Cleaning was done 3 months apart.

The owner has contacted Shaw industry, they took a sample and i have talked to them. THey did not care to much for the TLC as the ph was over 10. Said they only aprove product that have been stamped with the CRI approval.

They want me to pre spray release it DS and scrub then hot water extract.

Reading the releaseit label it says that the extract is counter active.

I wanted to just use the cimex. and be done.

What do you guys think.

will answer filler questions if needed.

Dont know wht previous comp used although the have a rep for the detergent rinse sturff also the invoice says the applied a protectant. Would you apply a protectant in this enviroment? for any reason than money?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Protectors work best in high traffic areas. It does make vacuuming easier and it will make your job a lot easier some next cleaning.

If they are pushing for Releasit to be used.. skip it an use Encap Punch. Atleast it is an actuel Prespray.. still CRI certified. Then use it as your extraction detergent as well.

The way I see it, if shaw is handing down the recomendations like written to your company it gives you the opportunity to charge more as you will have more time invested.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
yes i understand that and i do plan on the scrub increase charge. the lab results have not come back yet and they could not explan any in theory but say they questioned the protectant used and posible resoiling due to residue. this should be a very goood learning opportuntiy. and no they are not making written instructions just requested recommendations.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
rstrick said:
Would you apply a protectant in this enviroment? for any reason than money?

Check if the carpet had mill applied protectant and then do a test to ensure that it is still working. If not can they claim against there supplier?
Instead of applying a protectant suggest to your customer that the money saved will allow them to clean more frequently.

roro

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
kevans said:
Do I really need cri approved products? Is it worth it?

Most residential customers won't know about CRI approval or lack of it. Maybe 1 in 100 learns about CRI from a retailer or other source.

Large commercial carpet purchasers learn about CRI approved products when they make the purchase.

So it would depend a lot on your target clientele. If CRI matters to them, it should matter to you. It can also be a way to show your company as different from the competition. You can market the difference and educate people in your locale.

"Is it worth it?" Likely costs a few cents per gallon more to get a CRI approved product. So it will not bankrupt you either way. If you don't care about CRI, buy the products that work for you without regard to CRI approval or lack thereof.

Scott Warrington
Technical Support
Interlink Supply / Bridgepoint Systems

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Not to be rude but to be honest........... the reason the owner contacted shaw is because you were not cleaning the carpet properly basically... Your pre-spray brands you used sucked. And you never admit to a manufacturer that you used a high PH.. I would have taken over this account and wowed the owner the first time.. and it would have stayed looking good... Try Redline or MG grease eater.. Anythings better than what you used..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom