Shawn Forsythe please explain

I used to add a citrus product to my prespray called Conquest but I have not been using it lately. The other day I added 2 oz to my hydroforce and the smell was strong. In fact something was wrong and I started geting sick and dizzy feeling. I could tell the customer was not happy. I instantly said mam if you don't like the fragrance I have products that are fragrance free. She said everything was fine but it wasn't. When I got home I looked on the bottle and it said do not mix with acids or oxidizers. I mixed it with a little sodium percarbonate by mistake. Why is this not a good combination? So basically no solvents with oxidizers.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shawn's my "go to" guy for chem knowledge ...but I'm guessing there's something other than just d'lime solvent in the juice

..L.T.A.

It is my fault for mixing it with an oxidizer when the label says not to. This product is hands down the best deodorizer additive I have ever used. It leaves a great citrus smell that lasts long after the job is done and my customers love the smell except for this one time. I have used it for about 4 years and like the product. I usually add 2-4 oz in my hydroforce.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Daniel,

I don't know why the product would have a problem with oxidizers. The MSDS makes the same admonition, but no explanation. It is though it is a safety hazard, and not simply a problem with efficacy compatibility, but I don't know why. Delimonone is used quite a bit with oxidizers. Just look at Judson's O2 system.

It's a good question though. I would ask the manufacturer as to the reason.

http://www.abccompounding.com/ABC%20Com ... 20MSDS.pdf

Back
Top Bottom