Shawn York...............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I heard threw the carpet cleaning grape vine that some of the new Vortex owners were having trouble with the new emissions and diverter valves on the new trucks...I spoke with my mechanic and he (who also sells the trucks) was telling me that coming next year they are going to have to change the system again and it could/can have a bigger impact on the diverters......What is the scoop on this.........inquiring minds want to know..........

Mikey P

Administrator
They also want to know if you'll be at the Truckmount Designers symposium at Mikefest...

Since it will be at 9PM on Friday night you would be well advised to take a late nap and pop some roofies.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Ask Ron Beaty he's got the whole scope. He may be very helpfull at the 9:eek:o meeting with no distractions.strait to the point!! I hope he can make it.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
im getting jim martin a new ........ key next christmas. i bet his current one is worn away :mrgreen:

Jimbo

DOWNsizing...

Is not part of my skill set!

ps...If you went fast on the Hudson River...you would want it BIG!

gasaxe

i believe i brought this up quite awhile back..... that is the emisions aspect of the diverter, heat exchanger, and dpf. diesel emmisions are a ticking time bomb the feds are getting pissy about it.

All of these 3/4-1 ton trucks running around with performance hop ups belching black smoke has em stirred up.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
We've all had problems. Ron is figuring them out, one after another. I hope he can make it for the 9:00. His units tell the whole story. Definentely a must for the (PERFECTION OUTLOOK) To make this BIG TRUCK ( ALL IT CAN BE ) In a nut shell.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am not really sure that is why I am asking...something about how the truck has to exhaust due to the emissions........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sounds about right...My mechanic said that they are going to make more changes to the truck for next year.....(?)

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
The problem is with the blower heat exchager exhaust having 5-6 1" holes, that restricts the air flow. This causing the blower to overheat.

ghostrider

The 8000 have a DPF diesel particulate filter, a glorified cat and air filter, normal operation is automatically cleaned, during PTO operation auto mode is locked out and then the operator has to check for an indicator light when the PTO is turned off and may or may not have to do a manual burn takes about 12 tp 20 minutes depending on how much cleaning is need just push a button and it is all automatic after that. The new technology at this time is supposed to be urea injection. Just one more thing to deal with

Chris A

Name
Chris
on my DPF'd Cummins, the truck would only regen every 2-3000 miles, how often is the Isuzu in regen mode? I'm sure if this is a major problem Isuzu will figure it out, lot's of industries run PTO-driven equipment off those trucks.

ghostrider

The Isuzu regens every 200 to 300 miles on the highway, the have a real tight tolerance on the differential pressure sensors, so that they don't have clogging issues. In town no mileage given.

N

nwhmbiz

WOW I've never seen souch a pita the V seems to be!
My AT just keeps on a suckin with no problems like you guys are always having, service it and run the piss out of it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom