Shear kits

ayetti

Looking for input on the RC shear jet kits. I want to take my wand from a 6 flow to a 10 flow without extending dry times (4005 blower 220 degree water at the wand) I know some people don't like the bulkiness of the kits. My wand (vietnemese knock off titanium tube SS head) is already kind of awkward the cleaning height of it is strangely high and I had to pull the glide off to correct this.

Basically wondering, does it work? Is it just hugely awkward? Should I give the whole thing up and grab another wand?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the shear kit man is joe. i liked the adjustably of his kit but i didn't like that it limited how low you could drop the wand before hitting. my tech also kept knocking it out of wack. it seems to work very well. i was going to take a second look at it and see if i could change the design a little more to my liking.

gene

ayetti

I think I am going to go for it, joe has been super helpful to me, and I really like his attitude/outlook on cleaning so far.

I am just the kind of guy who will tweak something to death. The more I think about the idea of changing the angle of the jets the more I like it. Sometimes things don't work out as anticipated, but I think just by upping the flow I will get a benefit regardless.

Gene maybe see what joe has these days, on the phone he made it sound like the shear kits were his pet project and he was working on them all the time? I have no idea if the awkwardness has been fixed yet, it makes sense to me why it would be that way though.

On another note is there a set of lip glides you would recommend? I have a couple slotted glides but because of the stupid cleaning height of this want I have to hold up about with my shoulder to make suction on any closed loop Berber style carpet. It isn't such a big deal without the glide on though.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The more I think about the idea of changing the angle of the jets the more I like it.

I've played around a little with shear angles with the Bentree wand.
Shear angle is only good to certain point , then lacks the penetration that's needed ..
The shear angle doesn't need to be much .

when you make the shear angle greater, you need to increase PSI to get same results.
The net effect of that is needing more water and pressure to do the same job as less steep shear angle.

..L.T.A.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I love the shear kit on my CMP 14". Over a year of rugged use. I have two spray bars and will get a third. I agree about the angle and psi ratio, but I also feel the more psi and flow through the fibres without penetrating the backing (higher shear) makes for a better rinsing, less strokes and faster results.

Delta Dave

Sounds like the wand has several issues. IMO if it won't work with the glide then instead of getting a shear kit you might consider a new wand that comes with a glide and the shear kit already installed.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Delta Dave said:
Sounds like the wand has several issues. IMO if it won't work with the glide then instead of getting a shear kit you might consider a new wand that comes with a glide and the shear kit already installed.

Ditto!

Why keep a wand and spend more money on it if you dont like it?

ayetti

Larry B said:
[quote="Delta Dave":gpkvpt3h]Sounds like the wand has several issues. IMO if it won't work with the glide then instead of getting a shear kit you might consider a new wand that comes with a glide and the shear kit already installed.

Ditto!

Why keep a wand and spend more money on it if you dont like it?[/quote:gpkvpt3h]
I should probably just get a new one, but I want to see if i can fix this one up. I ordered the shear kit for now, Joe seems like a cool guy and I want to give it a try anyway. It makes a lot of sense to me why it would work. I am interested in getting another wand anyway though (life is too short for a bad wand). The biggest issue with mine is that the tube is too long, when I measured it to get the numbers to Joe for the shear kit it was substantially longer then normal. I don't think it is possible for me to fix the issue with the length of the titanium tube (would have to come out of the middle section. I may just throw it on an exhaust tube bender and see if I can fix the angle of the SS head.

What would you guys recommend for a new wand. I love the price of the Vietnamese ones but I think the issue I am having here illustrates why you sometimes get what you pay for. I have looked at PMF wands and the prochem TI (a little out of my price range for now) I would be open to any suggestions in the titanium 500-800 range.

ayetti

Got the shear kit today, shipping was fast, like 3 days. I was actually not expecting it for another few days at the earliest. I got it installed in about 7 minutes. It looks like I am going to like it, there are adjustments to dial it in both up and down as well as the angle (the up and down was a big concern of mine) I had already finished the last job of the day when i checked the mail so can't say how well it works yet but I will find out tomorrow. I was definitely happy with how easily it bolted onto my wand.

Delta Dave

what would you guys recommend for a new wand?

Go back and look at the pictures mikey took of my new wand in the thread ( Bristors new wand.) I paid $499.00 for that wand and that included shipping and the glide. So far I am very happy with my purchase.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom