Sheers, any suggestions

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Our sheers have had it.

Anyone using something you've been pleased with? Mainly we use them for rug sprouting and fuzzy binding during rug finishing.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The rug guys all carry napping shears in belt holsters for grooming a few sprouts. Bent handled shears with longer blades for larger areas.

Our old beveler goes out of alignment too quickly to be dependable for vast areas, so we're declining the rare request to fix "cat-shagged" rugs. If demand increases, we'll probably buy one of the new NC bevelers. They appear to be more reliable than the one we have.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I don't know if NC has a bias plate for levelness. I a also love NC products . I own many machines from them.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We have both electric and air-driven bevelers, but use them for custom beveling or light edge trimming. I haven't found the plate mount for the hand bevelers to be consistent enough to rely on for trimming spouting without an old-timer at the controls, and they'd prefer to use hand shears for that purpose.

We have a table beveler for prepping deep-pile carpet for edge treatment application. We're looking more toward the NCS for larger areas, as it takes operator skill out of the equation.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
The bias plate is made to keep it level. Whether on bevel in or a flat surface. Works for me all the time. I gave a cheaper alternative. Or go buy a shearing maching.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom