Shoes?

Steve1

I am in search of a new pair of comfortable non slip work shoes, Any suggestions?
This was discussed on a board somewhere sometime in the past and I cant find it, I bookmarked the link, But its missing from my bookmarks.

Thanks
Steve

Tony Dees

Redwing and Worx Find them at a local Redwing dealer. They will out last ANYTHING and have an unconditional warranty. One is 6 months, the other 1 year. I forget which one, I own both.

You'll get at least 2 years out of them

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I have always liked a top quality boat shoe or topsider. Very comfortable, and the soles are designed to keep you from slippin' in the drink.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Isn't Jimmy the authority on this subject?

I personally wear Nike cross trainers in the summer and Timberlands in the winter.I don't give up the shorts and Nikes until I absolutely have to.

R

rotovacguy

The only shoes I'll wear are Nike air's, have to be extra wide, can't stand having my feet cramped. I tried a pair of Reeboks 2 years ago, cause they were on sale, too good to pass up. Well, I'll NEVER do that again. My feet were killing me right from the start, too damn narrow, and the top part near the tongue would dig into my heels, leaving blisters.

Went back to my more expensive Nike's, and never had a problem. I did swap out the standard soles for a pair of those Dr Scholls gel soles, very nice! Not too bad, get about 6 months of heavy use out of the soles, and replacements are like $10. The bottoms are still in great shape, with many miles left on them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
funny you should ask...cause i bought some new chooz yesterday .

it was a toss up between New Balance and K-Swiss.
Both brands by far were the most comfortable .
I tried on every major brand at Kohl's last night
Nike, Addis, Avia, Rebook, Sketchers, you name it.
In all different price ranges too
None were as comfortable New Balance and K-Swiss

I bought the K-Swiss cause I see everyone in New Balance
and I DON'T want to be like rest of you cowboys... :evil:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I am a Shoes for Crews user. I do alot of tile and they are the best for makin sure you don't bust your bottom.
I use the 8102 slip ons because their easy on and off when doing a walkthrough before a job. I have had blowout problems always on top usually around 6 months however my last pair was at 2 months. With my newest pair I am trying some weather proofing on the threads, we'll see if that helps.

keithk

Search Kingston McKnight. I wear the KM3200 non slip, non marking. My red Wings blew out after 10 months

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Less than two months
Fred which side are you walking on, the tops look worse than the bottom? :p

Ariats.
book.jpg

Name
Nate W.
FCC said:
Doc Holliday said:
Less than two months
Fred which side are you walking on, the tops look worse than the bottom? :p

:D :lol: You ain't lying....the soles look brand new except a little discoloration. I'm on my knees a lot bending the toes which wears them out quick...........but wanted to avoid the jokes that come along with such statements. :lol:

Good nonslip though....

No sh!t with this crowd. But no one could pay me enough to be on my knee's all day... That's why I don't install, only do it when I really have to. :lol:

I wear whatever shoes I have. Keep them clean. I'm wearing DC's right now. I try to get all white shoes that have some style to them. Gotta stay fresh to death! :wink:

SFC

Canadawgs. Pure rubber, very comfortable with a michelin sole. Nothing that I know of them can cause damage. Non marking sole.

Chris A

Name
Chris
New Balances are the only shoes I've been able to get more than 2 months out of. I was using treadsafe restaurant shoes (black leather) for a while, their great shoes too, just get scuffed up and look like shit after a while.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Doc Holliday said:
Joe you wear Croc's......that's it, you're dead to me! :p
"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." Doc Holliday

Doc.... :eek:

You KNOE i aIn'T wearing..nO Croc's... :!:

JugHead is reffering to a photo in the slide show on my website ... :roll:

my son is wearing CROCS...while removing some efferveSENCE..fom a pool paver.. :wink:

He is a "sHoE WhOrE"....just like his mother IS... :lol:

ps...I think he is Ken Snows Boy...she has family in Michigan.. :shock:

jwfoulk

I wear Dr. Martens. Currently using a steel toe, pull on boot with a nonslip sole. My last pair lasted me 2 years of everyday use. I love my Docs.

CanYouHemiNow

HARPER said:
Mikey P said:
You wear Crocs to work and dare to comment in this thread?

"I beg your PARDON...Sir.."

These are the shoes "I" wear to work... :wink:

S4011019.jpg

That golf bag needs to go on a diet. If you can't break a 100 your bag shouldn't weigh more than 10 lbs... with sticks. :p

The last time I swung a club I had a 3 handicap so kiss my ass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom