Should I dump the back-up van?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I replaced the old van & unit last year. The unit still works well but the van is very rusty. I don't think there is a market for the old unit so I'm considering putting it in a trailer. Is it worth it or should I just leave it sit in the van?

Gary T

I would definitely think about the trailer option. But it will depend on budget and expenses. Insurance is less on trailer, it costs less to maintain. It doesn't hurt it to be just sitting there. If it's your back-up, what if the van won't start when you really need it? Just a few points. My tm and equip are in a trailer, at times its a bit of a PITA but I do save on some expenses, and I love the extra room over the van.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
If the van works and so does the truck mount Keep it. Buy a gallon of Bondo, do the bodywork, get a Maaco paint job. If you carry insurance just carry the min. on it. Nothing like a machine going down to make you wish you had a backup. I have one in a trailer and wish it was in a van sitting ready to go. Nothing like losing time when your schedule is full. I would rather have a backup ready and wait to get the main unit fixed on a slow down time, then to have to redo my appointments. Besides how much can you get for your old unit. Trailers are OK but in my opinion they are not as good as a van.

Mister Sir

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom