Should the scent of a deodorizer linger forever?

Mikey P

Administrator
Two months or so ago I doused my carpet indoor/porch/sunroom with Cobb's Fruit Slice to help eliminate some dog urine odors. Nylon glue down, no pad.

After extreme rinsing the Fruit Slice scent remained for weeks. Once is fun, all day gets real obnoxious, as do most phony scents.

Today I had to rip up the carpet in prep for some LVT going down and low and behold there is that Slicestench again.

Egads.

20140405_105232_zpsb4192e66.jpg

Using Odorcide Fresh Scent this time on the wood

I want the Deo to do it's job and then go away, as do most customers I would imagine

How about you?

Mike Draper

Judson DD12 in fabreeze scent. It just makes sense. Customers have been condition to massive marketing that fabreeze is fresh and clean. I won't use anything else.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Well as long as it didn't smell like errr piss, No a deodorant should go away after a while, Heavy duty soil lifter from chemspec would linger for weeks too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I second DD-12

If you Dip Chew! Be Real Dang Careful. Shit lasts a Loooooong time : (

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Lars

Name
Lars
It's hard to make everybody happy with deodorizers, some customers complain that the smell goes away and some complain that now their carpets smell like the deodorizer.... I feel like I can't win sometimes

Reactions: steve_64 and SamIam

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
It Is my opinion that the use of scents and masking agents should only be used by the home owner. It is wrong for a professional carpet cleaner to impose a lasting smell on the homeowners environment. The only thing a professional carpet cleaner should leave behind after a job is an odorless freshness the air.

The best smell is no smell.

Mikey there are many good courses on popper odor removal.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yes, it should last forever.. My current gallon of odorcide smells like celery(it's the spring fresh). I had a odor job last week because of "old person" smell and it didn't help much. This apartment is being rented by a Milwaukee Brewer, and to tell you the truth I don't know why they didn't replace it.. It was a 1BR, and I used 1 gallon of deodorizer.:eekk: I think I might just try me some Cobbs .

Able 1

Name
Keith
What do you want mam, your house to smell like piss or deodorizer?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

I was too harsh . . .

I apologize . . .

and in that spirit . . .

I am sending you some short-duration deodorizer . . .

It's called Last Resort from Legend Industries.

You do have to spread it evenly on the floor with your fingers.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mikey;

I was too harsh . . .

I apologize . . .

and in that spirit . . .

I am sending you some short-duration deodorizer . . .

It's called Last Resort from Legend Industries.

You do have to spread it evenly on the floor with your fingers.
:eekk:

You'll NEVER get rid of that odor. NEVER. LOL

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I don't believe that a good deoderizer should linger and linger. The purpose of a "scented " deodorant is to help destroy a unpleasant smell and to introduce a temporary but more pleasant aroma in order to help change our senses period. And, yes, a good deodorant will work on the carpet as long as you did not use it as a after shave Mikey!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The latex will soak up and hold moisture and smells quite well. Once it's in the latex it's hard to flush back out. Is probably a wand problem called lockdown from to much vacuum from of a big ass blower. Don't worry it's a simple fix, just use a zipper next time. Maximum flush without lockdown.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom