should you tip the carpet cleaner?

Bjorn

Should I tip the cleaners for steam cleaning my carpets?

Etiquette for thanking a steam carpet cleaner

Steam cleaning is something you get done only occasionally, and it can be hard work, and a more diligent effort can definitely lead to cleaner, brighter and fresher floors, rugs and carpeted staircases. The question is, should you tip them?

We contacted several cleaners, including the national office for Sears steam cleaning. The answer we get is thattipping is not required, but tips usually can be accepted if the customer chooses to do so.

We recommend that you tip only if you feel that the job was particularly difficult or well-done. Did the cleaner need to run their equipment across staircases and through windows? Did they make an extra effort to do a good job? If you do choose to tip, we've heard that 10-15% would be fairly standard, or $10-$20 for a medium-sized $100-$200 job.

Whether you choose to give a monetary tip or not , we consistently hear that a nice way to show your appreciation for solid work is with a sincere thank you or a note of appreciation.

Like to contribute your own two cents? Contribute your advice.

please cash tips are best

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Yes, everyone customer should tip well formulated Carpet Cleaners every time for every job well done.

(I, as an owner have rarely ever been tipped in cash. When I send out guys on thier own, they are tipped 25% of the time, usually $20)

Name
Ron lippold
I dont get much money but this week i got a orginal coco valentina painting real nice a signed RC Gormal numbered as well and a nice little print of three froggs.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I'm joking Lee. But I use to not let them accept tips at all. I do now. I still do not allow them to accept drinks from the customers because I think that it is rude!

F

FB7777

about 5% of the time I get a tip

the guy on my other truck says he get tips at least once a day

I'm glad he does, it shows that my customers value his service

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
drinks as in water or soda or like beer??
i hope you allow them to accept water or soda, i think it is rude
to decline a offer when you are working your ass off and a customer offers it.
i tell my guys to feel free to accept anything that is offered with the exception
of alcohol.

we get tips a few times a week usually a 20 but not un common to see 2 20's
if the tech is working with me i give him all the tips but make sure they split
them if i am not there

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Newman said:
Yes, everyone customer should tip well formulated Carpet Cleaners every time for every job well done.

(I, as an owner have rarely ever been tipped in cash. When I send out guys on thier own, they are tipped 25% of the time, usually $20)

DITTO thathurts

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
joeynbgky said:
I'm joking Lee. But I use to not let them accept tips at all. I do now. I still do not allow them to accept drinks from the customers because I think that it is rude!

Please MASTER BOSS may I accept some water? thathurts

Amazing

sometimes I wonder about the tips I get. :shock:

Got a $50.00 tip yesterday. $20s here and there.

.05 all the time.. Ya know just round it up from .95 ha ha

Bob Foster

MY0G.jpg

Ron K

Tipping I think is a more of an East Coast West Coast thing more on the East Cost then West.

Ryan

joeynbgky said:

Joey you always accept the drinks! It forms a bond between you and the custy and makes the custy feel good!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
LOL....... ..... since I have been working for 16 hours today I am very confused. what I meant to say was................ those damn techs better never ask for a drink! I they are offered a drink that's ok.. duh lol Im just so excited about that damn zipper comin my way. :)

steve r

do you tip your mechanic?

do you tip your plumber or electrician?

i think some people tip for services some dont.

Ryan

steve r said:
do you tip your mechanic?

do you tip your plumber or electrician?

i think some people tip for services some dont.

I always tip my mechanic, the old guy doesn't charge enough! lol

That makes more sense joey. I would never let them ask either that's just rude.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You should tip any home service because they come to you unless it's a monthly deal. Then it's Christmas tips etc at that point.
You don't tip a mechanic or walmart because you go to them...mobile mechanics are a different story and yes you should tip them if they are worth it.

Most tips are in the hospitallity industry but anyone doing a great job can get a tip IMO.

I used to get tips when I ran a truck. If they knew I was the owner, not so much.
My Techs get tips all the time.

steve r

Brian R said:
You should tip any home service because they come to you unless it's a monthly deal. Then it's Christmas tips etc at that point.
You don't tip a mechanic or walmart because you go to them...mobile mechanics are a different story and yes you should tip them if they are worth it.

Most tips are in the hospitallity industry but anyone doing a great job can get a tip IMO.

I used to get tips when I ran a truck. If they knew I was the owner, not so much.
My Techs get tips all the time.

i tip my barber and my massage therapist and i go to them.

i dont always but have tipped my mechanic and electrician because they didnt charge enough.
ive tipped the trashman at christmas too. and sometimes offer the mail carrier water or a soda.

i think it has to do with my mood and my good fortune at the moment sometimes too.

as an owner operator sometimes i get tips sometimes i dont but mostly not.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I dont think I would ever tip a plumber! ever, they charge to much. In Kentucky you can't go buy a water heater from lowes and put it in yourself. a licensed plumber has to pick it up. I got a new water heater. I think the water heater was 400 bucks.. My bill was $1200.. It took them 30 minutes!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom