Showers 101

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Okay, I ask for help when I need it and I need it.

Looking for shower cleaning gurus. I have passed on these for over a year now because my small spinner pulled tiles off the wall on my very first shower job. I have tried a few with a pressure wand, but makes a mess and looks really unprofessional. I am ready to start drilling some holes in my small spinner to decrease the vacuum.

I have cleaned (attempted) two showers in the last 2 days while doing color seal jobs. I was not happy with either result, although there was a noticeable difference.

So, looking for the typical steps involved as well as chemicals used to get there. No rechaulking, I am not good enough at that to actually charge.

Thanks.

RickL

Well this is quite a hard question because it depends on the condition of the shower.
I have found that on most T&G and Glass showers acid is your freind if you let it dwell it gets rid of soap build up and hard water build up, on glass,fiberglass and T&G. Also be prepared to use a razor blade to get the big stuff off.
Also Mike recommends this stuff http://groundfloor.org/product/product_ ... views_id=2
I'm ordering some this week.
I use my Cobra at 600 or 700 psi. But personally I dodn't see how you can do showers without doing re-grouting and chaulking. Every shower I have done has required at the least a re-chaulk and most have required some sort of grouting.

Anyway you look at it most showers are a pain. People say it just needs a little cleaning and it has mold attacking you when you step in the bathroom and they almost fall over when you want more that a few bucks to take care of it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Pressure washing really doesn't do too much to hard water "scale" and soap scum.

It's all about elbow grease, proper chems and the ability to remove and replace rotten grout and caulk.

SJA

Mikey, are your problems along the bottom 12-18" of the perimeter and the floor or higher?

Mikey P

Administrator
yes.

Every case is different.

We looked at one yesterday that was rotten from head to toe.

But on average its the fixture wall and anything in line of the shower spray.

SJA

If you encounter problems along the perimeter of the floor and wall and throughout the floor. This is uasually an indication that the pan may not be draining well causing moisture under the tile. If the pan is an issue - the problem can not be fixed with a clean and seal. The problem will just come back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom