Silver Eagle Propane heater

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Here are some more pics of this unit...after having it for a day I like it alot(not in love YET)

There are some things that you have to tweak to get it to run with "our" low flowing TMs...

1.Bigger jets....duh
2.some 3/8" hose(which i will soon get more)
3. turn up the pressure a little more(if you have glides and 2" hose)

Also if you were to put it in a van, you will want to get an exhaust made up...cuz woooo the heat out of this thing..

100_1584.jpg

this is the top, it has that plate welded there cuz it can and does shoot some flame out the top..

100_1585.jpg

picture of the burner...unlike little giants with multiple little jets this has to larger in there 1 for 1st stage(180k BTU) 2nd for 2nd stage(360k BTU). it looks like a mini hot air balloon flame

100_1583.jpg

picture of the 2 toggle switches, the flow sensor and inlet water, propane inlet on the bottom(wished it was else where, to easy to kick) also they send a regulator and a psi adjuster for the propane flow...

all in all i think this unit will work wonders, once i smooth out the kinks that come with any new purchase...and needing to make it fit your needs

Attachments

• 100_1584.jpg
    100_1584.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_1585.jpg
    100_1585.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 100_1583.jpg
    100_1583.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 197

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
also forgot to say it is all stainless on the out side, nice thick gage not cheap flimsy stuff...you can see how nice it looks from that first pic i put up...

Greenie

wow...flame thrower.

That is a trip how the burner jet is single for lower and dual for higher, is the flame pattern pretty even across the coil, or do you kinda depend on the little center plate to "hold back" the tower of fire?

Can you say heat reflective trailer roof material?

It looks like it requires a 110v circuit to fire?

Explain that "flow switch" doohicky?

My only concern with "black pipe" gas pipe coils is....can they degrade and rust or anything like that?
I noticed they charge a LOT more for a stainless coil, what size is that pipe? and how many feet of it wrapped there?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
it appears to be fairly even, where i have it set while i was testing, i couldn't see in the back(wall)

oh and yes we had snow fall on Fri, about 4 inches...needless to say where it was sitting it melted that area hahahah.

they have 110 and 12v set ups, this is just wired to my TM battery

explain the flow switch?? well if you don't have the proper GPM it wont fire the flame....i had 2 03s on it and fired, until it had engine lag from the vac then it didn't, so i bumped it to 2 06s and was firing just fine...oh and i went 3/8s from the machine to the heater..

it is schedule 80 black pipe, it'll take quiet some time to rust through...and yes YOU MUST PURGE before you clean..you could probably drain it after the days jobs and not have as much...

I think he told me 200' coiled in there..i don't remember that total number...i know when i first hooked it up, it took a little while to get flow out the other side. I think its either 3/8 or 1/2"

ill move it out on my next run and take a pic of the flame

G

Steamway made formula A or Formula A for reason of guys running steel heating cores...and the corrosion factor.

It keeps them from rusting up..and no need to purge the system was another selling point too.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
mine was $1999.60, that included shipping....was 1750 plus a $50 rush and then 199 for shipping

love it

Greenie

I was gonna say, those flame throwers pick up on teh pricing where the Little Giants leave off.

One of little giants best values is the #3 with high pressure coil upgrade, gets it done for tile cleaning, something the other little giants won't with their 600 psi coil.

LeeCory

Flow Switch

If you get the st-6 flow switch you dont have to worry about it not firing. It will fire even at low flow rates. The ones that come standard with the pressure washing heaters need to be replaced because if you are cleaning upholstery or stairs you still want heat.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
soooo where you find one of them there flow switches??? for the lower flows???

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yup i found it...and some other cool tweaks....ohhhhhhh ahhhhh

Back
Top Bottom