Simplicity / Riccar

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
My wife took a vac to the vac shop to be repaired for the mission where she volunteers and they gave her a Simplicity loaner. She's all impressed with it.

The vac shop guy sez Simplicity is made in the USA on the same line as Riccar. The only difference is wheel placement and colors and Simplicity is less expensive. Each Riccar model has an equivilent Simplicity model.

The specs I found online look good (Kevlar lifetime belt, seperate motors for vac and brushroll, steel baseplate, etc) but I think the plastic / polycarb housing would be looking scruffy quick.

Anybody have experience with these machines?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The Riccars are really nice... Almost self propelled (rad aggressive brush roll). Cadillac vacuums. The Kevlar belts are great. They'll out last the motors... I haven't ever tried the Simplicity. If its the same thing for less $ buy one & bring it to Nashville. We'll do side by side comparisons (build quality etc.)...

randy

Name
Randy
They are all made in the same factory, owned by Tacony which also owns powrflite & CFR. Many of the vacuums look to be the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom