Single-Wanding 10K sq. ft. today

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have another appointment scheduled for later in case I don't finish.

It's been 2.5 years since it's been done, and they want a thorough job done. I'm guessing with all the contents I'll be moving I'll only be able to make 800 ft an hour.

All protected though.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My helper is AWOL.

I just called our own dang emergency flood line to pull my on call guy. Hopefully we don't get any floods for the next 11 hours.

G

i cleaned 75,000 sq feet yesterday it was a breeze did a through and throught job prevac and pre scrub and protector did it in 2 hours :roll: :roll: :roll: wow im good any body here into buying bridges :eek: :eek: :eek:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mikey P said:
800 an hour means no pre vac or pre scrub or post anything.

Does not sound very "thorough" to me.

They have a janitor that pre-vacced for me.

And for your information MR Coinass-sure, even though they are not paying for it, I am throwing in a pre-scrub over all of the carpets. All carpets are getting protected, and the CEO got a nice post pad in her office and we groomed twice. My on call guy is a padder from way back, used to huge commercial accounts and he has cleaned this account with me when we both worked for a different company. It's going quite well. We are almost half done. Don't think we are making the 800 sq ft an hour, but I'll know what the production rate was when we're all done for the day, and I'll post it for you.

Well, the truck is drained, and the fresh tank is about full. I better eat the other half of my sandwich.

TimP

I'd guess from the sq ft of the job this is cgd carpet.

No way in hell I'd groom cgd....can you say complete waste of time.....

I can only get 750 sq ft an hour done with a pre-vac, pre-spray and RX-20 scrub. With a helper of course, by myself it's probably closer to 5-600 ft if not less.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I'm at a trendy coffee shop enjoying an organic drip coffee. I'll let you know how I made out whenI get back to the shop. You gotta reward yourself after a day like today

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Grooming was quick and haphazard. Only because of protector. It didn't change the appearance. The CEO's office had a nap to the carpet so we groomed that twice.

Everything was pre-scrubbed, HWE ed... We did some nasty spotting of adhesive strips, post padded the CEO's office, moved all the furniture in both lobby's and the breakroom. (Sofa's, big chairs and tables etc.)

Including setup and breakdown, we did 690sq ft an hour, and that doesn't count the two wide staircases. 32 big steps.

Gotta go back in a few weeks to finish up.

TimP

B&BGaryC said:
Grooming was quick and haphazard. Only because of protector. It didn't change the appearance. The CEO's office had a nap to the carpet so we groomed that twice.

The protector I use says no grooming required. 1 more reason I like it. :mrgreen:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
campusman57 said:
i cleaned 75,000 sq feet yesterday it was a breeze did a through and throught job prevac and pre scrub and protector did it in 2 hours :roll: :roll: :roll: wow im good any body here into buying bridges :eek: :eek: :eek:
ya right 75 k my ass MAYBE WITH A FLEET OF 10 CIMEX MACHINES!LOL

Chris A

Name
Chris
Gary I wouldn't worry too much about grooming in protector on cgd, your probably not making any difference. Its gonna wear off in a week anyway.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Wear off?

It was good carpet. Not the cheap glue down stuff. I think it even had some nylon content.

Chris A

Name
Chris
foot traffic will wear it off pre-maturely in a commercial setting anyway. That's what I meant.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
No sleep for a couple days and now 10k cleaning on a Saturday? Dude you work to hard! :shock: Just think at .25 per sq. ft, you could have made you a lot of money! Instead you are working your butt off for someone else!! Go see Micah at Express and get into your own business already!!! :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom