Sisal carpet in a restaurant.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Went to a new rest. to give a bid yesterday and it's sisal. Is that stupid or what. It was recommended by the lady who owns the property, who is a customer of mine. Is there any chance of getting this clean? How?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kevin
I'd be concerned about moisture and shrinkage.

Host might be a good option to avoid problems, or possibly OP.

What condition is it in? Maintenance or Restorative cleaning needed?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Carpet has been down for a whole 4 months and is showing some lanes coming out of the kitchen and the seams are showing a lot. Even though on closer inspection the seams look like they are put together very well. Should I try some host on the traffic lanes and see if there is an improvement? Anybody use their 175 with host?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd be sure to qualify those seams, I'd even snap a few shots just in case they forget what they looked like before you cleaned it.

Rent the Host machine their pre-conditioner and some compound.

We will OP some of the Sisal rugs that come in the shop, you could always try to bonnet since you mentioned you have a 175.

Just watch your moisture, vacuum well spray your product and rinse with damp pad.

Name
I'm Rick James
Thats a bad choice in carpet for a restraunt. You sure its not a look a like? Sisal is a style now.

I agree with the Doc.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Kevin, Was it full out sisal grass nice and dry.. Or is there possibilty that its sisal wool? Sisal wool is a very low pile berbered Wool that is woven to look like sisal but its constructed actuelly a nice woven piece of carpet and will hold up to some pretty intense cleaning.

If its true sisal then host would be our choice. If you have problems finding host, we still sell it out of our store, the pre-mist and compound. While you can probably use a 175, the rotating action might be a bit aggressive for true sisal. You might even be better off using a hand brush if you feel it will distort at all.

We use to rent out the host machine as well but we couldn't justify 200 a month for the two machines.

However I did end up purchasing a newer style one off ebay about a year ago for rug cleaning, and prescrubbing. If it was something you wanted to try before making an investment in an actuel host machine or counter rotating brush machine, I'd be happy to lend you the machine for your first cleaning. Let me know if your interested.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've cleaned synthetic sisal also, but there is an obvious difference between the 2 carpets. All around stupid choice if it is indeed real sisal.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Welcome to Illinois, with our history of leadership in this state.. would you expect any common sence? That just would not be koshier with our philosphy. Seek and Serve the corupt and punish the Truth! :shock:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
What a nut! Sisal in a restaurant? That's the first time I've heard of that one.

I'd suggest using Host or Brush & Clean's powder on this one. Clean it frequently - perhaps weekly on the traffic lane from the kitchen. Under-promise like crazy! And make no guarantees. This was a design error - make sure the client understands that. It's an un-winnable venture IMHO. But you could possibly help the carpet to limp along as long as possible using a powdered cleaner.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I cleaned a store with a glue down sisal for years. I used the Host system - prespray misted, powder brushed in with Host machine, vacuum for a really long time. Every time I cleaned it, I was amazed it how well the Host worked. It took me about twice as long to clean compared to TM HWE.

I would give a price with a demo in the worst area, really under sell the results.

It would have to be cleaned every few weeks to keep it clean.

sweendogg said:
You have ever seen real sisal Daniel? I imagine if you have you wouldn't say that.

Yes I have ruined a few in my days.

I won't mess another one up though thanks to the great input on this board.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Thanks for the help guys. I might take you up on the offer David. I have a furniture store real close that rents the Host machine. I've never checked how much$ but I've always wanted to try it to see what it could do. I guess this is my chance. If I just do the traffic lanes will they still appear darker than the rest??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom