Sisal repair

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
This is a sisal carpet. It was measured short for a job I have done. Always avoid adding cross seams to sisal. Here is a example on how to patch some sisal's. As you can see I clearly cut it straight like you would a regular seam. Of course this would not be right considering I would have to cut across the grain. It would be unsightly.
P4240012.jpg

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Now what I done here is mortised cut the seam . Than I carefully applied an acrylic latex on the edges. If I used a rubber latex that would also attract soiling. Rubber latex is tacky when dry . Acrylic is not.
P4240013.jpg

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Sisal stain correction

This is a sisal rug someone spilled wine on. They than poured club soda on it and salt.
P1010608.jpg

John Watson

Very tedious work but so satisfying, a small pair of very sharp manicure scissors would help cut your mortises. What did you use?? You probably find lots of different examples out there doing the woven repairs you do.

Where do you get your acrylic latex and what sizes can you get it in? How long is the shelf life. (I have bought so many different products used them once and go to use it later and it has either dried out or I cant get the top off it.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I used duckbills on the sisal. Acrylic latex. Orcon Fast - Lock or Orcon Weld -Loc. My computer at my shop crashed . had a power shortage guess everyone was using the AC it is like 100 degrees here hot and humid. Also Jon you can get them in 8 oz bottles as well as qt. As long as they don't freeze there fine.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Bloody nice work Harry :wink:

Guess there is more than one way to skin a cat, or suppress a scurvy sisal :lol:

The talent that is being shown on this new room is brilliant.

Bring it on.

Ooroo

PS :::: When are we going to see some more pic's of Tony's work on crayon or leather repair ??

I firmly believe that a picture is worth a thousand words, but dialogue to go with the pics is priceless.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Shorty Down Under said:
PS :::: When are we going to see some more pic's of Tony's work on crayon or leather repair ??

Patience, patience Shorty - later this year - promise. My plate is pretty full right now and one computer is messed up.

But I agree with you about this room.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Back to that wine stain. After that power outage I had to reset my modem. Than 2nd what I did what was nuetralized it with vinegar and ammonia.
P1010609_640x480.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom