Sisal rug cleaning

John Barham

I had a regular customer call this morning and ask if I could clean her Sisal rug that her dog vomited on yesterday. I know that Host is the only thing recommended for cleaning these rugs but i don't think its going to be very effective on this. Does anyone have any other recommendations for cleaning a spot like this out of a Sisal rug ?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You could try some capture powder available at Menards,Lowes, Home Depot.

Or use a encap/SHAMPOO

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
In a bigger plant with a controlled dry room, You could offer a last resort washing. staying completely on the acid side. Some would extract with the centrifuge and others would extract with hoses/ wands and speed dry as quicly as possible.

Its a complete sign off on the customers part but in the worst case situations, it is always an option.

Jimbo

Re: SISAL....????
Posted By Jim Eckman on 12/28/2000 at 9:46 PM

Hey Louis!
We have succesfully cleaned wall to wall sisal in the following manner.
1. Signed release form. 2. Lightly prespray about 100 sq ft at a time, we used Hydro Break by Bridgepoint. 3. Extract with neutral cleaning solution. TM pressure below 200 psi. We used Fiber Plus from BP. 4x as many drying passes as normal. 4. Lightly mist on neutralizing rinse. Of course, we used Fab Set from BP. 2 more drying passes. 5. Install 2 fans on the 10 x 10 section to speed dry it. Move on to next section. Hey Amy! Welcome to the board! Good to have your presence here.- Jim

You could swap out products...stay on the acid side...the whole idea is to reduce added moisture as soon as possible...Nowadays i would add a Studebaker Airpath every 100 sq feet. I just cleaned some pricey sisal dining area and office rugs...too big and stiff to take out of the house...the dining area rug had food stains on it...the office sisal rug had a massive stain from a dog chewing up a large bone on it...blood, etc...both cleaned up nicely!(@ $4 per foot)

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Charge out the a$$. If these people are stupid enough to buy this stuff and then let their dog on it, make em pay.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I just had a customer who spent over 1500 on their super tiny fluff ball of a dog to keep it from meeting its end. The thing doesn't even way 5 lbs. Now this customer happens to be able to afford that kinda of thing and a healthy cleaning bill as well.

But I have had many customers who will spend out the ying yang on their beloved pets, let them crap and piss all over and then cring over the price of correctiong their pets mistakes. But I guess for everyone who doesn't like the price at least 2 do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom