Sisal Rugs

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I just finished cleaning 3 large sisal rugs down the cape. I hardly ever get nervous because I explain what to expect for results. While I was talking to the woman she had told me that the stained one cost her $18,000 and 2 other were $10,000 each. They came out great. 1.5hrs for the work $395

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I spotted with a solvent. HOSTed and when I wasn't completely satisified with the large one I used john G padcap pro. Most everything came out

Name
I'm Rick James
Matt Murdock said:
I just finished cleaning 3 large sisal rugs down the cape. I hardly ever get nervous because I explain what to expect for results. While I was talking to the woman she had told me that the stained one cost her $18,000 and 2 other were $10,000 each. They came out great. 1.5hrs for the work $395
:lol:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The referral actually came from HOST last year. She called them and asked who has the system on Cape Cod and they said me. Over the last year that lead has been worth about $5,000 in referrals and work from this woman

I was told I charged too little in a PM a minute ago

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
OP would be the way I would have cleaned them.

Keep the sponges where they belong, the ocean! :wink:

Actually we will use Host when there is no other option. It does a decent job, just has it's draw backs.

Time, Material Costs, Removal.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You cheap basturd, you should have jumped on the gravy train.. Any lady will to lay down 18g's for a grass mat, can certaintly afford to buffer your retirement fund! :mrgreen:

Glad to hear it all came out well. :wink:

rhyde

Name
rhyde
The Great Oz said:
Who said rich people aren't stupid? :shock:

Maybe, or so rich money becomes inane & stupid they spend on a whim without much care.

I bet if a poor person and i mean live on the streets type person from India followed either of us around for a week to see how we spend our money they wold think we're stupid too :lol:

Back when I first started cleaning....I was sent to clean the owner of a large account(luxery apartment complex owner).

I was finishing up the last bit of wall to wall carpet and the owner said "can you hit these real quick...the last guy did it for me.

So I sprayed the area rugs with CTI's Extreme Clean(I thought they were berber). The next day we get a phone call and the lady was freaking out cuz the two sisal rugs were worth 15 grand and they were curling up on all the edges. (Looking back, I should have known it, one of them had a designer cheetah border) Very Expensive. I went to the designer and he looked at them and said they are the most expensive ones we sell. We picked them up, recleaned the rugs, and tacked them down on the edges while they were wet and left them tacked until they dried. They looked great and she was happy.

I learned to charge for everything then because we almost had to pay 15 grand for something I cleaned for free.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Sisal is not an expensive material . Actually it is pretty cheap. These cost are telling me i need to quadruple my sales on natural fibers. Only I have a heart and I am not a crook . Good greif. :roll:

anaroberts12

Good job done. How do you cleaned the rugs in less time? I also want to know more about the methods you decided to clean.
Regards
Steam Clean

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Only I have a heart and I am not a crook . Good greif

I am not sure I understand this comment. 200+ sq ft of sisal for $395 being the only contractor in the State with the product she requested and having to travel out of my residential area to do it. And greif is spelled grief

Unless you are talking about the people who sell sisal

-JB-

Name
JB
While I was talking to the woman she had told me that the stained one cost her $18,000 and 2 other were $10,000 each.

Who said rich people aren't stupid? :shock:

i think he is talking about the designer(s), sisal rugs are NOT expensive, unless the designer makes it such.

Some "rich people" (white trash with cash) don't want anything but "the best" (most expensive).

We have a family we clean for regularly that has there groundskeeper do all the booking/scheduling for them, they always have to have the most expensive package we offer, and when we try to suggest anything less he gets indignant.... stoopid.

There house looks like Wal-Mart and Pier 1 puked in it.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I used a porty to clean a sisal rug one time used a super mild prespray and acid rinsed at 100 psi , I thought I ruined it when I saw it wet but I left an air mover on it and it looked fine once it dried

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Matt I were refering to the designers. Your price is more than fair. All in all sisal is a cheap but it is exotic and people take advantage of the situation. A great money maker. :)

Back
Top Bottom