Slide In Sound Curtain

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
If there was a custom enclosure fitted around a slide in, could this reduce noise level noticeably well? Also, considering all doors closed in van, exhausted routed thru floor with muffler/silencer setup, and hoses ran thru floor below side wall of van(so doors can be kept locked while TM is operational).

I know there are other variables with air intake/exhaust restrictions, but I'm sure there would be ways that it could work.

c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuV_KtOoKkc]

c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHq-qPIh_PUc]

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Cooling comes to mind as the main issue. I bet you would void the warranty (on a new unit) for just about any manufacturer out there.

Consider too that a great deal of the noise from a truckmount comes from the blower exhaust. A sound curtain would not help that.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm just looking at ways that can help reduce the noise w/out doing any damage or voiding any warranties. From what I've seen there hasn't really been much where it would be acceptable, not in the cleaner's eye but consumers point of view.

lance

There is a lot of mechanical sound from the blower and engine that cannot be reduced. But both the blower exhaust and the engine exhaust can be dealt with better.

For blower exhaust talk to Les. He can make the exhaust come out with no sound at all.

For engine exhaust, I think you would need ideally two mufflers at a minimum, both paraelle to each other. And then a third that would have both of those into it like a Y. It wouldn't be that hard to do, it just takes a lot more room for the mufflers than what most CC'ers want to use up in their van.

That sound blanket would work great if you just use it to block the noise from direct people and cars going by.....that way the noise would go straight up in the air. All you would need is cool air for the engine. A water cooled engine would be best. Any small fan would blow a lot more air into the motor area than you would ever get as it sits inside the van.

Heat rises. So that would help bring cool air in from below.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Regarding fans.
I just bought an Apex Diesel (yes it is noisy) and was told by ProChem's engineers that the fan should be installed to take away the air from the engine not blow it on it.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I thought more people would be interested in this topic.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I use a HM Boxxer 421 mounted in a trailer. I have the through the floor kit for the main exhaust. It isn't exactly quiet when standing right near the machine. It isn't very loud once you get 30-40ft away. You can't really hear in running inside the house, never have had any complaints. When I used to have a Blueline ThermalWave in a van, I've had neighbors applaud when I shut down the TM. Every machine that I've heard with a #5 or larger blower was very loud.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom