Sliders for moving furniture

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
11-03-05Sliders-lousy.jpg

Don't waste you money on the Minute Men. Don't work worth a darn. The only reason I'll keep them is they come with a felt pad to stick to the bottom for use on hardsfc.

Use Slide Glides or the other ones similar. I've $300 worth of sliders on my shelf, $80 for 4 8"circular sliders. I spent about $90 on 8 sets that work great. Makes moving furniture a breeze.

I use them for moving furniture on stretch jobs. The ones under the furniture piece are the ones I have.

A local hardware store sells them for 8.99 per 4 pack.

You want to make sure they are all facing the same direction you want to move the piece.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Gotta disagree , Ron. I like the Moving men because they have a domed bottom. The sliders with a flat bottom are the useless ones.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Not sure if you mean the same thing but i have a set of 4ft and 6ft maybe 10inches wide. Comes with holes in front and back to put rope or pullers thru that can come with it. Much easier to use 2 sliders rather than 4 under a desk etc. Online carpet installation stores must have them.

those are the things i should sell if i sell anything cause customers dont see them anywhere and theyre always impressed one person can do it.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I am almost ashamed to say because everything I have is commercial or special in some way but.... i buy the sliders from walmart. I bought some others and they weren't slippery the same way and were basically useless. 10 bucks and you get 4 4" and 4 8" ones. I carry 5 sets of each on every van.

Becker

Name
Becker
Super Slider at Lowes.. 8.99 per pack.. comes with 4 big circles and 4 littles ones.

I also have the multi pack, comes with 4 big circles, 4 littles circles, 4 rectrangle, and 4 felt bottoms ones.

In all, I carry 12 big circles, 12 little circles, 4 felt, 4 rectangle.

Had one set for years, no problems yet.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Umm.... did you just find out about them and that's why your posting about them? 15 or so years ago they were talked about alot.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've been using these for a decade or more. I posted this because I spent another $10 or $20 on what the TV says works great, only to find they are no better than others I've tried that were barely mediocre. If these are all you have, use them, but I wouldn't use them on tables with loose legs.
I just finally took a picture, made the post in the hopes I can help someone else save $'s by not buying them.

Name
I'm Rick James
Big Lots here sells a 12 for $5.... Comes in 3 different sizes and they work perfect.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Sliders for moving furniture

Ron Werner said:
I've been using these for a decade or more. I posted this because I spent another $10 or $20 on what the TV says works great, only to find they are no better than others I've tried that were barely mediocre. If these are all you have, use them, but I wouldn't use them on tables with loose legs.
I just finally took a picture, made the post in the hopes I can help someone else save $'s by not buying them.

I love sliders but I wouldn't use ANY sliders on a table with loose legs, but that's just me.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

John Buxton

Bigger the better. I also buy the ones at Wal-Mart they work great. Probably have 80 or so right now. I've probably left another 80 on jobs through the years.

Had to have my lift buddy heavied up it bent on a pool table.

Name
I'm Rick James
Ron Werner said:
"Big Lots" is a store?

What's the brand name for the sliders?

Yeah...its like a Ross or Marshells. I cant remember the name but they work great, been using them over a year. Somehow I was able to keep the whole set together.

I will send you two packets...for some cuban cigars.

:shock:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Alexander Supertramp said:
[quote="Ron Werner":jrpnr9j2]"Big Lots" is a store?

Yeah...its like a Ross or Marshells. I cant remember the name but they work great, been using them over a year. Somehow I was able to keep the whole set together.

:shock:[/quote:jrpnr9j2]
WHats Ross or Marshells?? :roll:

yeah, when the customer tells you a piece of furn has a loose leg, believe them!

Name
I'm Rick James
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Alexander Supertramp":312nbusj][quote="Ron Werner":312nbusj]"Big Lots" is a store?

:shock:[/quote:312nbusj]
WHats Ross or Marshells?? :roll:

yeah, when the customer tells you a piece of furn has a loose leg, believe them![/quote:312nbusj]

They are like discount factory seconds type stuff. Most have high name brands for half the cost. Anyways Big Lots had the sliders and am very impressed with the quality. Its like one of those diamond in a rough finds.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Good deal if they work that well.

Good test is to try chair curling. I can give a chair a push and it will almost slide across the room. DId that once and was saying STOP STOP, thought it was going to hit the wall! 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom